Tera's New Fiberglass YJ Springs

akamcbird

I'd be one of those skeptical types :roll:

But, I keep my Jeeps pretty much stock anyhow.

Hopefully I'll get arround to throwing in some Roughcounty add a leafs in the rear of my YJ. I bought a whole set (front and rears), couple years back when I added the meyers plow. I put the fronts in right away to help with the added weight, but never made the time to do the rears.

If I ever get this MJ on the road!

Whatever type of fiberglass resin they used, it remians quite flexible, and seems to be very tough.

Honestly, I'd be most worried with abrasion resistance than anything else. Spring steel is very good for that, and composits notoriously aren't.

Somebody buy a set and flog the $#!& out of them.

Somebody buy a set and flog the $#!+ out of them.
I'm willing to test them if they so choose to make any for an MJ... :D I'll be sure to strap a set of regular leaf packs somewhere in the bed in the not-so-unexpcted event of one of those cracking...

I wonder how those joints would act on the street. They look alot like RE superflex joints. I might be willing to make a steel set with a joint like that if i thought the street part would be OK.

Cole

I wonder how those joints would act on the street. They look alot like RE superflex joints. I might be willing to make a steel set with a joint like that if i thought the street part would be OK.

Cole

I have a bunch of extra leafs out of various trucks laying around, I'm sure I can do a little testing with a set of RE superflex Joints. Just need some cash somehow for the joints...

a buddy of mine has these on his YJ...amazingly hes dropped them directly onto rocks and never bent or shattered one....made me cringe and run for cover since i expected them to blow apart and send shrapnel everywhich direction...on road handling is quite nice...not to bumper and smooth

A pretty good run of GM "X" body cars had single leaf fiberglass rear leafs. I forget the year(s) but I remember reading about them when they came out. I remember that they were reportedly more expensive than steel and made of epoxy resin, not polyester.