Renix Engine Monitor scan tool

Nickintime has on his facebook page a "possible" relocation of the units display to the clock panel location, making it part of the panel, not a separate box.

That's what I'm waiting for. My stock radio has a clock so I wouldn't mind losing the clock.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kook911, I have one of those.  too bulky to fit in the cab and too difficult to operate while driving.  With Nick's REM tool, I can check systems while driving.

But, still a good tool to have  :thumbsup:

Continued observations seem to show the O2 sensor maxes out at 4.95v, the Short term trim then rises to max at 255. Shortly after the ecu switches from closed to open and drops the Short term trim to base line at 128.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The O2 sensor should be switching VERY quickly from .1 to 4.9.......

I have the DRB factory tester. 

If this $80 tool works, and I believe it does, it would be a boon to Renix owners.

Anyone know what DRB stands for?

Cruiser, Nick's tool (REM) does seem to work.  Yesterday, I plugged in the MT2500 and noted the readings on it.  I then reconnected the REM tool and noted the readings on it.  Good news: I got the same readings.

On a bad note: My O2 sensor is reading a constant 4.98v and is in constant open loop, both MT2500 and REM  :mad:

Cruiser, Nick's tool (REM) does seem to work.  Yesterday, I plugged in the MT2500 and noted the readings on it.  I then reconnected the REM tool and noted the readings on it.  Good news: I got the same readings.

On a bad note: My O2 sensor is reading a constant 4.98v and is in constant open loop, both MT2500 and REM  :mad:

O2 sensor reading capability is worth it's weight in gold. 

NGK 23553

How come there is no mention of the MS 1700 tester? Did they all end up in the trash?

They still show up on ebay now and then.  Personally I think for the price that this is a hell of a deal.  I will not be permanently installing mine, as I have multiple Renix vehicles and see it more or less as a diagnostic tool than something to play with while driving.

Don't recall any name for the tool, but the principle was fast moving air over a venturi. Hooked up one way for hot, opposite way for cold. Just what is the name for that tool?

At one time MS 1700 was the "King of the Hill". Must be dating myself now. Is this why I have all these pains?