your favorite cars?

Pete M

cars only. aka: no trucks, no jeeps, no aircraft carriers, etc.

list your favorite choices for:

-cheap fun (less than 2 grand but no mods allowed other than fixes and a thumping radio)

-prettiest (but you don't get to drive it, just park it in your living room)

-money no object (but it's your only around town transport)

go!

can ya tell I'm bored? :D 

cheap: 80s Camaro/Firebird.

good ol' american v8 fun in a decent handling car. :D  bonus points if it's a stickshift

Chevrolet-Camaro-Z28-IROC-Z-T-Top-1985%E

prettiest:  I was originally going with the Farrari 458, but then thought it would kill me to not be able to drive it, so instead I'm going with this '36 Bugatti Type 57S Corsica Tourer because I think it's just as beautiful but it would terrify me to drive it (the particular one I want is nice enough to be at the Pebble Beach show and likely cost more than a 458).

Corsica_Bugatti_T57S_57512_1936_08.jpg

money no object DD:  tough one.  I'm leaning towards the Charger Hellcat reverted back to looking like a stock Charger so it'd be a sleeper.  should be reasonably comfortable as a DD, plus it should be able to overtake someone on the freeway :D

close second is my plan for a hemi dropped into the back of a minivan :yes:

Really gotta think about this one...

Cheap:

VW Karmann Ghia, any year. You won't find one in the best of shape for under 2k, but these little things are awfully fun to drive!

bcvMrTA.jpg

Prettiest:

50s Mercedes Benz 300SL. I'd hate to just be able to see it, but I'd be scared to touch it, let alone drive it.

oGYA3eR.jpg

Money is no object:

Icon A5. Deemed the closest thing to a flying car as we're gonna see for some time, it has retractable landing gear making it amphibious and land worthy, folding wings, pusher prop, car inspired instrument panel, all kinds of awesome stuff. It's like a car, boat and plane all in one! And it's ONLY $250,000!! I'm good with flying over traffic everyday and landing in the pond next to my work. 

j8PbU8s.jpg

Cheap fun: I wanted to say a Fox Mustang, but you'd probably be stuck with a 4 cylinder turd in that price range. Similar problem for a Camaro (also including the mullet factor) How about something Japanese?

large501045.jpg

Prettiest: Something British. The "can't drive it" rule is perfect for British cars, since you can't drive them anyway.

james-bonds-aston-martin-db5-for-sale-by

Money no object (but I actually get to drive it): '69 Mach I. Loud, flashy, and loud.

1969-Ford-Mustang-Mach-1.gif?e1be4f

Although if I had a choice of any vehicle, I would no doubt have a truck of some kind. Preferably fast. Gotta have space for whatever crap I bring back from the junkyard.

Cheap fun:  P71 Crown Vic Interceptor.  $2K buys a good condition driver.  Great road course car.  Fantastic highway car, powerful for passing, good ride.  Mine:

Prettiest:  1971 Hemi Cuda convertible.

1971_plymouth_hemi_barracuda_convertible

Money no object daily driver:  2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hellcat/Trackhawk.

2017-jeep-grand-cherokee-trackhawk-artis

I'd just have to trade in our 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 first...........

Somebody didn't read the rules. Lmao.

I don't do cars but if I had to have one, it would be a Chysler 300 AWD Hemi for the everyday car, a AMC wagon for a beater and probably gonna have to break the rules too and agreeing with the above on the Track Hawk.

Cheap fun:  P71 Crown Vic Interceptor.  $2K buys a good condition driver.  Great road course car.  Fantastic highway car, powerful for passing, good ride.  Mine:

Prettiest:  1971 Hemi Cuda convertible.

1971_plymouth_hemi_barracuda_convertible

Money no object daily driver:  2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hellcat/Trackhawk.

2017-jeep-grand-cherokee-trackhawk-artis

I'd just have to trade in our 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 first...........

Cheap fun: I really want to break the rules and say a Caddy, but I think I'd enjoy an original MK1 Rabbit just the same.

VWGTI.jpg

Prettiest: I give you the Frankfurt Flyer. This is actually a very cool story... there's this guy (who's actually local to me) that has a an obsession with classic Porsches and Volkswagens to the point that he creates these self propelled art masterpieces. Hand shaped to a wooden buck, formed over a tree stump, and assembled with utmost care. The details are amazing and this guy will actually build you one... for a price.

FinishFF.jpg

Money no object DD: KDF type 87 Kommandeurwagen. Super rare... four wheel drive... yet another VW.

888179.jpg

Here are my choices!

-cheap fun (less than 2 grand but no mods allowed other than fixes and a thumping radio)

1978 Datsun 280z - They CAN be had for 2 grand but they would obviously not be in this kind of shape :)

-prettiest (but you don't get to drive it, just park it in your living room)

Next is the Ferrari Berlinetta. Its ok that I can't drive it... I get enough joy from drooling over how pretty it is. :drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:

-money no object (but it's your only around town transport)

Last is the 2015 Jaguar XJ, This is one sweet ride

-cheap fun (less than 2 grand but no mods allowed other than fixes and a thumping radio)

First gen Nissan 300ZX Turbo

-prettiest (but you don't get to drive it, just park it in your living room)

Being a James Bond fan, Ashton Martin DB4. Equipped with all the bond gadgets. 

-money no object (but it's your only around town transport)

1967 Chevy Yenko Camaro

Only two cars have been on my mind lately.  I don't think I'd ever spend the $$$ on a new car when you can pick up a Grand National or a Delorean for under $20-30K....not a single car made today is as cool as a Grand National IMO. (GNX Pictured)

1987-buick-grand-national-front-quarter.

The Delorean, yeah, not a great performing car, but its cool too! 

533-delorean-side.jpg

^ I've got the privilege of seeing a prime example of both of these cars in my area.  :drool: Looked over both of them at the local car show this year and found that the Grand National is a one owner car with under 50k miles.  :eek: The DMC 12 isn't really anything all that special other than the fact that it is what it is... and the license plate is "DOCBRWN".  :laughin:

Here are my choices!

1978 Datsun 280z - They CAN be had for 2 grand but they would obviously not be in this kind of shape :)

I think that is actually a modified 240Z.  '70 - '72 to be exact.

Only two cars have been on my mind lately.  I don't think I'd ever spend the $$$ on a new car when you can pick up a Grand National or a Delorean for under $20-30K....not a single car made today is as cool as a Grand National IMO. (GNX Pictured)

Gawd...... that reminded me of one of the most amazing built Grand Nationals I've ever seen.  1077hp twin turbo.  Yeah, no longer the V6, but this is one NASTY G.N.

nc-cc.jpg

Video of a dyno run and track pass..........just NUTS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R44H-4Glejc

Gawd...... that reminded me of one of the most amazing built Grand Nationals I've ever seen.  1077hp twin turbo.  Yeah, no longer the V6, but this is one NASTY G.N.

nc-cc.jpg

Video of a dyno run and track pass..........just NUTS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R44H-4Glejc

Not sure of any updates, but a several years back I saw a GNX clone with a tuned 6.6D-max under the hood. 18to1.com I believe was the site. 

I always liked the GMC Syclone's as well. 

Somebody didn't read the rules. Lmao.

Oops....... the "no jeeps" part? 

Do we REALLY consider an SRT8 Grand a "Jeep"?  LOL!

I don't, it's basically a larger version of a charger really. In the scheme of Fiat/Chrysler shenanigans.