A new Jeep Pickup

AeroNautical

Yawn. I'll believe it when they are on the dealer lots. We've been waiting more than a decade since the Gladiator concept was introduced.

Unfortunately, I don't trust Fiat/Chrysler/Jeep to build an actual Jeep pickup. I've got a suspicion of a truck does come along, we will be woefully disappointed.

Cherokee is gone, UAW pact confirmsToledo plant will add pickup but nothing else, reports say

Wrangler Pick-up

http://www.toledoblade.com/Automotive/2015/09/18/Cherokee-is-gone-UAW-pact-confirms.html

Fiat Chrysler's plan to expand Wrangler production in Toledo, Ohio, not only means a Wrangler-based pickup is on the way, but it makes possible a diesel-powered Wrangler for the U.S.

http://www.autonews.com/article/20150907/OEM04/309079949/jeep-pickup-ahead;-diesel-wrangler-possible

Automotive News reported last week that FCA will produce a Wrangler-based pickup in its Toledo Assembly Complex after a redesigned Wrangler begins production in 2017. Wrangler production will move from its current line to the other side of the manufacturing complex, where the unibody Jeep Cherokee is now assembled.

Does anyone actually think that a new Jeep pickup or Grand Wagoneer would actually look good? I sure hope so but think about the Charger, it barely deserves the name. The Challenger was good though.

I love the big Waggies and hope it looks retro with woodgrain. But I suspect not. The pickup? Well I wish it was like the Comanche and not the Scrambler.

If they build something very close to the Gladiator concept I would buy one and my MJ would be sold off or become a full time wheeler.  

However I will believe it when I see it since they have been promising to make this since 2005   

• 10 months later...

Oh the Truck is coming that's a fact but what remains unknown is if it will in fact be based on the gladiator concept or just another Stupid 4 door truck like AEV's JK brute,

personally I feel if its just another 4 door truck then I see no reason for it and if you need that much space buy a RAM or another already made 4 door

truck so hopefully they already get that since RAM has been the largest reason for the delay...

• 2 weeks later...

The latest I read was that it is supposed to be a 4 door pickup based on the next update of the Wrangler...meaning nobody is sure yet if it will retain the fold down windshield or other characteristics of the current Wrangler. It is expected to have a more raked windshield and be similar to the Gladiator concept but with 4 doors and a different shaped front end. As far as mechanicals, dunno yet.