1991 short bed metric ton DD build

Nice. I do miss the New England fall season when the leaves change. But that's all I miss about it. :yes:

Yeah, typical New Englander here. Complain 4 months of the year that its too hot, enjoy 2 months of fall complain 4 month of it being too cold. Then enjoy 2 months of spring. Then start it all over again

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Tried out some rustoleum "professional" DIY roll on bed liner. Kit goes for ~$80 at most big box stores. I'm actually really impressed with it so far. Its all very even and was very simple to apply. Much better then my previous experience with herculiner, which I was very dissatisfied with.

fKpMETXl.jpg

So I've been randomly popping my park lamp fuse every so often. It will pop on activation, I'll toss a new fuse in and it will be good for a week or so. Then pop again. Finally it got to the point where it was ever time instantly it would pop. Disconnected the rear harness and tried again and wala! No more popped fuse. I knew a previous owner hacked in a trauler harness so i Removed the whole rear harness and checked for faults.... HOLY COW! I don't know how this truck didn't catch on fire, let alone have taillights at all. Many wires were cracked and broken or had previous "repairs" that were so awfully assembled I couldn't believe it. The parking light harness was the worst which was cracked and broken in about a dozen places and melted and fused with the ground wire in many locations too. Sperated all the faulty wiring and repaired with new marine grade heat shrink or replaced where necessary and also spiced in a 5 wire trailer set up.

EdjYAZnl.jpg

B0k1bH0l.jpg

I have always wanted that grille headlight setup, do you have to use the header panel from the donor truck?  I haven't taken one apart in a while, I am guessing the second light mount is only on that specific panel?  Were they 85 86 only?  Are they standard headlights or a little smaller than the normal trucks?

I have always wanted that grille headlight setup, do you have to use the header panel from the donor truck?  I haven't taken one apart in a while, I am guessing the second light mount is only on that specific panel?  Were they 85 86 only?  Are they standard headlights or a little smaller than the normal trucks?

you need the header panel from the donor truck, its completely different internally, otherwise its a direct bolt on.  the headlight surrounds are still reproduced but the grill and turn signals are only NOS or junkyard finds, they are not reproduced.  sadly the grill and marker lights are not interchangeable with the normal header, the grill is slightly shorter, and the marker lights are taller and skinnier then normal xj/mj ones.  the headlights are smaller, they are a 92x150 headlight rather then the 4x7 that the standard header uses.  they are on 86-90 Cherokee wagoneers,

Could you post more pictures of how your put cab lights and wired your visor? I bought a visor and wasn't sure how to do it?

here's the lights in the visor . i forget exactly my measurements,  but it was about an 1" in across all lights. the the outer two about 1.5" from the edge, the the center was centered (obviously) and the offsets were about 6" out from that. so following a centered postition it was 17-6-6-17

0JVUguol.jpg

here's how i went through the roof. P.S. that is clear silicone, it just hasnt dried yet.

cICw2iwl.jpg

as for exact wiring, you can kind of see it tucked into the leading edge of the visor when your sitting inside, in hindsight i should have probably loomed it all. i couldnt get a clear picture of this, but i basically daisy chained (paralleled) all the lights. and then i went through the roof with that stainless sheathing, then right down the drivers a column, under the plastic, and tagged onto the dash lamp circuit, as this was easiest to find.