1991 short bed metric ton DD build

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How bad is the rubbing?

....wanna know the truth....  it took me 15 maneuvers to back it 90 degrees into its parking spot from this angle.  it hits near instantly. even with the 3in coils. i have 5 in coils i might try when i do the rear springs over to metric tons. but  ill probably be trading these for some 31s in the end

I have a parts longbed metric ton, but new England has left the springs in rough shape structurally so I just took the plunge! just bought a pair of hellcreek metric ton springs. excited to see the quality and fitment! :banana:

• 2 weeks later...

Here's an interior pic. Bench seat black dash and gray plastics with '97cherokee door

vd2Rmk9l.jpg

Very clean! Love the no-nonsense simplistic nature of this interior.. Does the bench come stock with this particular trim? or did you add it? And that steering wheel.. airbags had to go and ruin everything. Thanks a lot OBAMA

Very clean! Love the no-nonsense simplistic nature of this interior.. Does the bench come stock with this particular trim? or did you add it? And that steering wheel.. airbags had to go and ruin everything. Thanks a lot OBAMA

This one came stock with gray buckets. But I swapped this bench out from the plow truck. And ya I love having no airbag!

• 2 weeks later...

Nice thread and Jeeps! (now I know who's buying up everything on Craigslist around here! :thumbsup: )

Did you put the Metric Ton springs in yet?

I'm thinking of getting a set for my 89' 2wd SB (220lb me + 2000lbs of pellets should test the 2205 rating :yes: )

Flare instal looks good so far, do they look like they'll flex, or break if/when they rub trees?

Keep the pics coming :cheers:

Nice thread and Jeeps! (now I know who's buying up everything on Craigslist around here! :thumbsup: )

Did you put the Metric Ton springs in yet?

I'm thinking of getting a set for my 89' 2wd SB (220lb me + 2000lbs of pellets should test the 2205 rating :yes: )

Flare instal looks good so far, do they look like they'll flex, or break if/when they rub trees?

Keep the pics coming :cheers:

I haven't put the metric springs in yet. These are still the (sigh) factory 900lb springs. This one I actually got in lower CT like two years ago. My first and favorite. I really like the flares, they are WAY thicker then my bushwackers I had on my TJ before. The only complaint I (kinda) have is the edge trim. Its an L shaped edge trim. With only one adhesive edge. And some of the tight body line curves don't stick as well as I'd like. For now its OK and will stay but I may swap it out with just regular C channel door trim.