1991 short bed metric ton DD build

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. The visor itself isnt even 1/8 thick, and only fiberglass. Its very easy to drill all the way through. And those lights are considered "flush mount" so they require a 3/4" hole to be drilled and mounted into

Here is the link to the lights

http://www.amazon.com/Maxxima-M09300YCL-Combination-Clearance-Marker/dp/B00L5204O4

clipped a rouge piece of rebar and blew a sidewall out,.

so went out and got a fresh set of 33x10.5r15 BFG KO2s

I'm fixin' to get those exact tires here soon.  If they're anything like the original KOs then I'll be happy

Also looking at those tires, as they're pretty well the only ones I've found that say they meet my needs. But if they're anything like the original KO's, I'll be severely disappointed. Snow/ice performance is a pretty big deal for me. My MJ had the KO's on it when I bought it, and it was only a couple hours after the first snowfall that I got something better...

Also looking at those tires, as they're pretty well the only ones I've found that say they meet my needs. But if they're anything like the original KO's, I'll be severely disappointed. Snow/ice performance is a pretty big deal for me. My MJ had the KO's on it when I bought it, and it was only a couple hours after the first snowfall that I got something better...

clipped a rouge piece of rebar and blew a sidewall out,.

so went out and got a fresh set of 33x10.5r15 BFG KO2s

I'm fixin' to get those exact tires here soon.  If they're anything like the original KOs then I'll be happy

I think they look awesome. I've only put 30-40 miles on them tops. But they are noticeably better then the duratracs that were on it. I don't get nearly as much wheelspin, the duratracs loved to just spinout if I was trying to merge quick or something. And really you DIDNT like the KOs in the snow? That's one of there highest stats on tire rack.

hgOgzDIl.png

Those are the ratings for the ko2, not the original ko. Tire rack rates the ko in the 8's on snow and a 7.2 on ice. And I'm pretty sure that's generous, given it seems like half the reviews seem to mistake it with the KO2.

But yeah. Even in 4x4 I was struggling to keep the truck pointed in a straight line. It's an old-fashioned durable, rock-hard tire. Not great for cold weather. Night and day difference when I switched to the Grabber at2's.

Those are the ratings for the ko2, not the original ko. Tire rack rates the ko in the 8's on snow and a 7.2 on ice. And I'm pretty sure that's generous, given it seems like half the reviews seem to mistake it with the KO2.

But yeah. Even in 4x4 I was struggling to keep the truck pointed in a straight line. It's an old-fashioned durable, rock-hard tire. Not great for cold weather. Night and day difference when I switched to the Grabber at2's.

Huh. You might be the only person I ever met that didn't genuinely love the all KO1 or 2

I'll admit I don't know how old they were on the truck. Had probably 30% tread left. But the truck I was driving at work early this winter had them too, and it was the same story. Shouldn't need 4x4 just running around on packed snow. Admittedly they were a bit better than the Wrangler SRA highway no-seasons on the new truck I got in Februrary...

I'm also tentative about the KO2, as we've been putting them on all the trucks at work when the factory tires go bad, and they were constantly coming back in for patches with small rocks pushed through them between the . I work for a national park and probably 75% of the miles our trucks see are on gravel, so that may just be par for the course. It may also have just been an earlier run of the KO2's, as the newer ones don't have as much trouble. But so far it's the only severe-snow rated tire I've found in a 32 or 33 x 10.5 x15.

zv37nP9l.jpg

attempted to put on my push bumper from my old bumper. Realized I REALLY didn't like how it looked with the Waggy nose. Took the rubber bumpers and fog lights off and put them on the chrome bumper.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

XJW nose wired and installed too!

mU8MgQUl.jpg

Love your build, man.

What year Wagoneer did that grill come out of?  I know you said the end result was lighting wasn't as good, but how hard was it to  wire the quad lights?

I really like that look

Love your build, man.

What year Wagoneer did that grill come out of?  I know you said the end result was lighting wasn't as good, but how hard was it to  wire the quad lights?

I really like that look

I think this one was specifically a 87. but all 86-90wagoneer  headers are the same.  lighting is just as good as the single headlight, wattage is all the same,  just lenses themselves are smaller. but no issue seeing at night whatsoever.  wiring the quad lights just involves separating the factory 3 prong plug and wiring high beam power to one light and low beam power to the other. maybe 5 minutes of work.

no I did not have the factory quad wiring. i just too that opportunity to wire a HD relay setup.  if you do have the factory harness, and its intact with the plug for the drivers side harness. it should be 100% plug and play

no I did not have the factory quad wiring. i just too that opportunity to wire a HD relay setup.  if you do have the factory harness, and its intact with the plug for the drivers side harness. it should be 100% plug and play

Thanks, good to know

got the back rack mounted up.   rack was part number 10313 listed for a 1996-03 DODGE DAKOTA 1997-03 TOYOTA TACOMA and the mounts were 92001 tonneau  adapter slightly modified to allow me to still use my tool box.

overall the fit is pretty good. the top cross bar with the tonneau adapter goes perfectly around my cargo light and sits about 1/4" higher then the cab.

if you don't have a cargo lamp the standard mounts will work fine. and the adapter brackets not needed.  but with the cargo lamp the bar ran right across the lamp, effectively making it useless.

r69BROol.jpg

• 4 weeks later...