Fuel Type Gasoline Fuel
Horsepower @
Fuel Economy 0.0 City / 0.0 Highway
Fuel Capacity 0.0
Net Torque @

Tech Specs

Manufactured By United States Jeep Truck
Style & Trim »

says eliminator when I looked it up so maybe the column shifter and dummy lights were options the purchaser wanted from factory?

weird that link is US CARS but the page is all French :hmm:
but I see it does say base, metric ton on that decoder...
I searched my vin on that site and it said exact thing this vin says and I too have an eliminator so idk how trustworthy that decoder is...

I do like those cup holders tho  :D

possibly oe maybe or was there no option at all for those?

That cup holder is a ebay special. Anyone else notice in the first pic of the interior it shows a white rocker switch and then in the second pic it does not have it there? More then likely one pic is older the the other. But at $4500 that is pretty steep

Noticed that rocker switch right away.  Looks like it controls the under the bumper add on lights.  Not sure why a white switch was used when there are so many black rocker switches that could have been used.  The interior pictures look good.  With the factory block of plate on the console, I would not doubt the truck is close to original.  Noticed the under the foot well lights also.

My question about this truck - why does the guy want to sell it if he just put a new engine in it?

And kook911, if $4500 is pretty steep, then what would you think fair?  Me, I will leave it to the auction process to establish a fair market value.

Gomanche.  Good luck on this truck.  Hope you get it for a good price and it is what you want. 

Nope,  i just passed on this one.   he told me the last bid was 4500 on the previous auction.    if I'm going to spend the premium money (and I'm ok with that) I'm going to be sure to get one already 97+ converted body.

after all, all i really care about and need is the chassis/body.   i have no need for the rest other than spare parts for my collection of Jeeps

still on the hunt every day for the right donor.

I just went through the standard and optional equipment for the Eliminator package. Here are a few things I noticed that stood out. I guess it's possible this is an Eliminator, but it's a strange one.

Eliminator Package Equipment Options

4-Speed Auto w. Column Shift.....N/A
Black Front & Rear Bumpers.....N/A
Silver Front & Rear Bumpers.....Standard
Full Gauge Instrument Cluster w. Tach.....Standard

Bucket Seats and Center Console.....Standard

The gauge cluster is bastardized anyway.  Newer style speedo, but old style fuel gauge & idiot lights?  I wouldn't get too hung up on that.  The column shift sure is strange, but I also noticed what looks to be a factory blockoff plate for the floor shifter.  That is something I have only ever seen once before in an MJ, but I don't recall if it was an Eliminator or a Laredo.

Could be that it started off as a base truck and someone got about halfway through turning it into an Eliminator. Never heard of a factory MJ with a console with a column shifter of any kind, but that blockoff plate looks really nice on there. OR it's actually an Eliminator and for some reason they put a column shift and idiot lights in there. :nuts:

Knowing '80s Jeep, it's entirely possible that you could have ordered a bucket seat Elim with column shift. That doesn't explain the cluster or console though.

The VIN is for an 89 Eliminator. Mine is 1J7FT66L3KL625917 the only difference in the VIN is the check digit and the production number.

As far as I know a column shift and dummy lights were not offered on the Eliminator. All Eliminators came with body colored bumpers though.

EDIT: The dash could have been changed at one point or the column and cluster swapped. Onyx did not have a center console though. It had a mini console with no indication it had a full console. I had to drill rear floor mounts to put the console in. As we all know anything is possible with a Jeep.

"And kook911, if $4500 is pretty steep, then what would you think fair?  Me, I will leave it to the auction process to establish a fair market value "

Johnj I would think about 1500 is a fair price for the truck. But to me it is just a truck, nothing more. Some people think since this is a hard truck to find, then I should Jack up the price. I think he is just trying to recoup the money he spent on the engine. like it has been said why spend the money on the rebuild just to sell it.

"And kook911, if $4500 is pretty steep, then what would you think fair?  Me, I will leave it to the auction process to establish a fair market value "

Johnj I would think about 1500 is a fair price for the truck. But to me it is just a truck, nothing more. Some people think since this is a hard truck to find, then I should Jack up the price. I think he is just trying to recoup the money he spent on the engine. like it has been said why spend the money on the rebuild just to sell it.

Understand that "just a truck" thing.  I paid $1150 for my white, 91 long bed, column shift, metric ton.  Then converted the interior to the same interior as this Ebay truck.  Mine was a base truck with rubber floor mats.

Having had many Jeeps in the past from J10s, Full size Cherokee,XJ,MJ Many CJs, 5s and 7s and and my current 05 LJ. any combo of options could be ordered/added to any Jeep.One of my brothers ordered a 72 CJ 5 with a half cab,Front mounted winch, dual rear wheels and dually fenders way back in 72.They were installed at the factory in Toledo Ohio not the dealership,It was a special order Jeep and took about 6 month to get.