Where to buy MJ lift leaf springs?

My MJ has some sort of bastard pack in the rear. The top leaf has a gnarly groove worn in it from an old clamp and I'm afraid it'll break. Who makes lifted leaf packs for the MJ? I'm not even sure what size I need either. SOA on a 9" already. Found some 4" through Rusty's but they might not be big enough.

http://www.rustysoffroad.com/rustys-leaf-springs-mj-4-rear-pair.html

Hell Creek buys theirs from another company and resells them to you. Not sure what the mark up was. If I'd known before I ordered mine I'd have just gone with Rusty's which were about half the price and much cheaper on shipping.

Where did your info? This is the first I'm hearing this I also have a set they are great. I knew they personally stopped production, but was told they sourced their design to a manufacture to keep cost down. I wouldn't call that buying a set from rustys and selling it back to you as hellcreek!!

Hell Creek buys theirs from another company and resells them to you. Not sure what the mark up was. If I'd known before I ordered mine I'd have just gone with Rusty's which were about half the price and much cheaper on shipping.

I wouldn't call that buying a set from rustys and selling it back to you as hellcreek!!

That's not what I said at all.

I wouldn't call that buying a set from rustys and selling it back to you as hellcreek!!

That's not what I said at all.

Well you most definitely, make it sound as if they are buying off the shelf leaf springs and selling back to the buyer which is not the case. I'm sure Hellcreek can chime in they are members here, but the springs they sale are top quality and from what I'm told designed by hellcreek.

They're sublet out to Linale Manufacturing in Ohio. It does actually say they outsource them on their website, but not on the page with the springs. I had to wait 3 weeks for them to order them from someone else. Didn't even get a tracking number until the first spring showed up on my door one day. I said that had I known that I'd have ordered my springs from Rusty's instead because their springs cost half of what the HC ones did as did the shipping.

Hi, Guys,

Just to set the record straight, we did shut down our spring factory in December of 2012 (before the end of the world) due to lack of sufficient sales to keep the factory running.  At that time we began a quest to find an American spring manufacturer that would make our springs according to our blue prints, which we designed.  In fact, I bought my 1989 Comanche for the express purpose of designing and testing the rear springs.   It took about 5 months before we found an American manufacturer that we were happy with.  So, no, we do not make our own springs anymore, but yes, they are still made in America, which is why they cost more than foreign made springs.

By the way, Linale Manufacturing is in Omaha, Nebraska, not Ohio, just for clarification. And thank you, Motorcharge, for buying our kit.  It really is appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

Hi, Guys,

Just to set the record straight, we did shut down our spring factory in December of 2012 (before the end of the world) due to lack of sufficient sales to keep the factory running.  At that time we began a quest to find an American spring manufacturer that would make our springs according to our blue prints, which we designed.  In fact, I bought my 1989 Comanche for the express purpose of designing and testing the rear springs.   It took about 5 months before we found an American manufacturer that we were happy with.  So, no, we do not make our own springs anymore, but yes, they are still made in America, which is why they cost more than foreign made springs.

By the way, Linale Manufacturing is in Omaha, Nebraska, not Ohio, just for clarification. And thank you, Motorcharge, for buying our kit.  It really is appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

Thanks Tom.

I have alcans under mine, they will build anything to your specs. They are worth the price, I've seen them beaten on very hard by a friend and they have lasted underneath 3 different XJ's because of the XJ's falling apart from his expressive driving style.

http://www.alcanspring.com/index.htm

How much did they run you? I scanned their site, quote only.

Hi, Guys,

Just to set the record straight, we did shut down our spring factory in December of 2012 (before the end of the world) due to lack of sufficient sales to keep the factory running. At that time we began a quest to find an American spring manufacturer that would make our springs according to our blue prints, which we designed. In fact, I bought my 1989 Comanche for the express purpose of designing and testing the rear springs. It took about 5 months before we found an American manufacturer that we were happy with. So, no, we do not make our own springs anymore, but yes, they are still made in America, which is why they cost more than foreign made springs.

By the way, Linale Manufacturing is in Omaha, Nebraska, not Ohio, just for clarification. And thank you, Motorcharge, for buying our kit. It really is appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

Thanks Tom, customer service and the fact that you own a Comanche to do r&d on is why I went with HC springs. Which is something to keep in mind when purchasing new springs, I would bet most other lifted springs on the market was designed and tested for the XJ then adapted to our trucks. No facts backing that, just a thought.

When I called and ordered my Hell Creek leaf springs, I was on the phone with Tom just shooting the $#!& for 45 min! Very nice guy! Mine took 6 weeks to get.

My ONLY complaint is the finish on the springs. Just primer. I painted mine.

Hi, Guys,

Just to set the record straight, we did shut down our spring factory in December of 2012 (before the end of the world) due to lack of sufficient sales to keep the factory running. At that time we began a quest to find an American spring manufacturer that would make our springs according to our blue prints, which we designed. In fact, I bought my 1989 Comanche for the express purpose of designing and testing the rear springs. It took about 5 months before we found an American manufacturer that we were happy with. So, no, we do not make our own springs anymore, but yes, they are still made in America, which is why they cost more than foreign made springs.

By the way, Linale Manufacturing is in Omaha, Nebraska, not Ohio, just for clarification. And thank you, Motorcharge, for buying our kit. It really is appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

Thanks Tom, customer service and the fact that you own a Comanche to do r&d on is why I went with HC springs. Which is something to keep in mind when purchasing new springs, I would bet most other lifted springs on the market was designed and tested for the XJ then adapted to our trucks. No facts backing that, just a thought.

I very much doubt that since XJ and MJ leafs are totally different.

Hi, Guys,

Thanks,

Tom

I very much doubt that since XJ and MJ leafs are totally different.

Which is exactly why I'm saying this have you ever looked at aal lifts that states that the lift will give the same for the XJ as the MJ? I have, which isn't true it doesn't lift MJ as much, because of the way the springs are designed one SO one SU and the arch of the spring. (I'm sure there is someone with way more knowledge in this field that can jump in) Which brings me back to my point some obviously test their aal on XJ and not MJ. So why wouldn't they take the XJ spring extend the main eye to eye and sale it to you as an MJ produced spring? Once again no facts backing this just a thought

They're sublet out to Linale Manufacturing in Ohio. It does actually say they outsource them on their website, but not on the page with the springs. I had to wait 3 weeks for them to order them from someone else. Didn't even get a tracking number until the first spring showed up on my door one day. I said that had I known that I'd have ordered my springs from Rusty's instead because their springs cost half of what the HC ones did as did the shipping.

Then make sure you go with Crusty's for all your future purchases. I won't.   :thumbsup: