Where to buy MJ lift leaf springs?

Hi,

It might help to realize the fact that ALL major lift kit companies get their springs from a spring manufacturer.  I don't think that any of them own their own spring factory.  We used to, but lack of sales forced us to close down.  Some of the exceptions are, of course, Alcan and General Spring, which are in fact spring manufacturers.  It is also notable that almost all of the lift kit companies do not buy their springs in the United States, due to price, including Rusty's.  I am not saying this to bash anybody, Rusty is a good guy, it's just the facts.

On the add-a-leaf issue, no, XJ and MJ add-a-leaves are not the same -- or shouldn't be.  MJ add-a-leaves should be longer and have more arch, as ggcnash pointed out.

Also, I am not in favor of making sales pitches on the forums. If you have sales-related questions, my e-mail is tlaher@hellcreeksuspensions.com.

Thanks,

Tom

• 8 years later...

2023 update for prices of options discussed in this thread, not including any taxes or shipping:

Alcan - still doing quote requests, I can request a quote for 3", 4.5" options, anyone else wants to do it go ahead

$384.03 Hell Creek 4.5" rear leafs HC-9745 (each)

$439.43 Hell Creek 0" rear leafs (metric ton) HC-9722 (each)

$529.00 Rusty's Offroad 4" rear leafs RC-LS450-MJ (pair)

In this current thread and also this other one https://comancheclub.com/topic/59451-1989-comanche-rear-lift/  there are multiple negative comments about Rusty's Offroad stuff. A couple members said they have the Rusty's rear springs and thought they were ok. I couldn't find any mention of the reasons or negative experience with specific parts. I'm not asking for a re-flame, just any anecdotes from personal experiences with parts, how they failed and why.

Any other leaf springs anyone is aware of? Not including add-a-leaf kits, shackle lifts, etc.? I've not seen any others except some manufacturers offering reproductions of the 2 OE options (General Spring, Springworks, Crown, Omix-Ada, etc.)

1 hour ago, Gojira94 said:

2023 update for prices of options discussed in this thread, not including any taxes or shipping:

Alcan - still doing quote requests, I can request a quote for 3", 4.5" options, anyone else wants to do it go ahead

$384.03 Hell Creek 4.5" rear leafs HC-9745 (each)

$439.43 Hell Creek 0" rear leafs (metric ton) HC-9722 (each)

$529.00 Rusty's Offroad 4" rear leafs RC-LS450-MJ (pair)

In this current thread and also this other one https://comancheclub.com/topic/59451-1989-comanche-rear-lift/  there are multiple negative comments about Rusty's Offroad stuff. A couple members said they have the Rusty's rear springs and thought they were ok. I couldn't find any mention of the reasons or negative experience with specific parts. I'm not asking for a re-flame, just any anecdotes from personal experiences with parts, how they failed and why.

Any other leaf springs anyone is aware of? Not including add-a-leaf kits, shackle lifts, etc.? I've not seen any others except some manufacturers offering reproductions of the 2 OE options (General Spring, Springworks, Crown, Omix-Ada, etc.)

I'm in the same process right now; Alcan seem top notch, but pricey... Here's the quote they gave me:

Thank you for visiting our website.  At Alcan Spring we create custom springs to fit your Jeep by using the information you provide us for weight distribution, lift requirements, how you plan to use your vehicle, and any information on all prior changes that may have been made to your vehicle.  The cost of the rear springs $1020.00.  These springs will be built with 4” lift and stock weight capacity. The springs will come with bushings and will take 3-4 weeks to design and build.  We maximize the performance of the leaf spring suspension with more vertical wheel travel, more articulation ability, and a much softer ride.  It’s not all about wheel travel, many of our customers use our custom springs simply to make their vehicle ride nice. They are night-and-day difference compared to “lift kit” springs. The springs are built specifically for your truck based on our experience and your needs. We require that the springs be paid for when ordered.  Shipping/handling, U-bolts, and any other hardware that will be needed, will need to be paid for when the springs are ready to be shipped. Your credit card will be charged when the springs are ready to ship; if you want us to call you before we charge your card you need to let us know otherwise, we will charge the card and ship the springs. If you have any other questions, please feel free to email or give us a call 970-241-2655.  When you are ready to order please call so we can discuss any items needed, or other possible changes you may have for the performance of your springs.  **Quotes are good for 30 days. Orders cancelled within 24 hours may be refunded with a 10% charge: after 24 hours absolutely NO refunds.

*Disclosure: Our springs are dipped when painting which can cause dripping, smudges, and could have shipping damage scratch/scrapes. If you would like to order springs with no paint so you can paint them yourself let us know.

**Any additional shipping charges incurred by UPS or FedEx for incorrect addresses that are provided will be charged to the customer (UPS – FedEx and USPS addresses may vary in certain areas). Charges incurred from address changes or additional customer requests will be charged to customer. Duty and Tariff charges are the responsibility of the customer.

***Order shortages must be reported within 14 days of ship date.

Lew Weldon