Opinions From the CO Members

neohic

No tests down where you are, Jim? Might need to do some more looking as to where it'll make most sense where to pound in some tent stakes.

Not sure I'll need a trailer this time around. Thanks though! Austin has made the offer in the past to load up his trailer and make a trip too. We shall see when it comes down to it and I'm in panic mode again.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did you consider running Antique (25 yo) or Classic (15 yo) license plates on any of the vehicles? 

In PA, antique vehicles are exempt from inspection/emissions and classic vehicles are exempt form emissions. They also benefit from having a single lifetime plate/registration fee instead of yearly renewal fees.

Maybe its the same in Colorado.

For the classic plates, anything 1975 and older needs to pass emissions once and then you're good after that, plates are 5yr plates at a time.

Anything 25 or 30 yrs (can't remember which one) or older (1976+) can get collector plates but have to pass emissions every 5 yrs.

Not sure why, but every time I take the Comanche in, they crawl all over it and check EVERYTHING (it's always passed). They barely look at my other vehicles, lol.

No tests down where you are, Jim? Might need to do some more looking as to where it'll make most sense where to pound in some tent stakes.

Not sure I'll need a trailer this time around. Thanks though! Austin has made the offer in the past to load up his trailer and make a trip too. We shall see when it comes down to it and I'm in panic mode again.

Any excuse to go to CO... :)

Here's something crazy... :hmm: We thought this was strange when we listed our first house for sale, but the plot thickens.

Our first house was purchased on the fourth day of the fourth month of 2007. By coincidence, we listed the house back up for sale on the fourth day of the fourth month after living there for four years. Yesterday was the big day that we listed our current house for sale. This was by no means planned! Once again, the house was listed on the fourth day of the fourth month after living here for four years.  :nuts:

At one time I had four Comanches around here... all 4.0s. Can't imagine trying to move and keep all of them! I'd feel bad taking all that rusty garbage into a "clean" state anyhow.

I had a few 'WTF' conversations with folks in the clean state when driving my dirty truck (no egr, no cat, lots of rust) around. They looked at my truck like it was the original carrier of influenza!

Will you guys be settled in enough around August and October to explore some backcountry? I'll be out there and would love to meet another CC'er.

• 3 weeks later...

Getting excited! Leaving for the recon trip in a couple days!  :banana: Plans are to stop and see Jim on Wednesday along with Robyn's relatives up in the Springs area, Thursday through Saturday will be looking at temporary housing and interviews, and then I'm hoping I can work out some time to meet up with Troy one day along with Rick on another. Going to be a busy week!