finally found reproduction pioneer stripes!!!

thejim42

Seller claims they are for '87-'92. He is wrong or being deliberately misleading to increase sales as although you can slap them on they are in no way correct for all years. I also noted that he makes no distinction for SWB or LWB.

I am leery of doing business with people who make ads like that. Ignorance or deception? Either way... 

Seller claims they are for '87-'92. He is wrong or being deliberately misleading to increase sales as although you can slap them on they are in no way correct for all years. I also noted that he makes no distinction for SWB or LWB.

I am leery of doing business with people who make ads like that. Ignorance or deception? Either way...

My brain melted reading this comment. Of course they fit all models and it says it comes with extensions.

The guy probably does not realize that the 91/92 Pioneer stripes were different.

The only concern I have is I think he's showing stock Comanche pictures, not pictures of the actual stripe kit installed. But if you look at his other auctions you'll see there is no way he could have a photo of his decal kits for every vehicle, he has a huge variety of reproduction decals.

Alexia they may fit but they are not right for all of those years he listed them for are they? Maybe you just didn't realize that they were not all the same.  Re-read the main point of my original post where I say that you can slap them on any MJ but that does not mean that they are correct:

"Seller claims they are for '87-'92. He is wrong or being deliberately misleading to increase sales as although you can slap them on they are in no way correct for all years. I also noted that he makes no distinction for SWB or LWB."

Listing a stripe set for years that it is not correct for is disingenuous. A stripe kit from a '77 Firebird Skybird will physically fit on a '79 Firebird Trans Am but you shouldn't sell a Skybird set as being for a T/A. Right? dainternetguy may have  it right and that the guy may not realize he is listing the kit incorrectly. dainternetguy got the same take that I did...that the stripes are not the same for all of the years listed...so did his post  contributed to the aforementioned melting?  :rotfl2:

I think if you really read the ad you will see that what he is calling extensions are the stripes for the front fenders yes? Do you see how he refers to the taper of the extensions? 

• STRIPE KIT COMES COMPLETE WITH STRIPE EXTENSIONS THAT TAPER AS THEY EXTEND TO THE FRONT OF THE VEHICLE.. JUST LIKE OEM!

They only part of the stripes that taper down are on the front fenders & doors yes? If the "extensions" taper and the only taper is on the fenders & doors then tapered extension do nothing for the length difference that is in the bed length .... Yes? Because the fenders & doors are the same from lwb to swb yes? Nowhere does he mention lwb or swb and that is quite an oversight. Even if one does ignore the actual shape of the stripes and winds up with the same meaning from the word "extension" as you do does it really make sense for him to use your take on "extensions" where you seemingly have to  piece in more tape, apparently on the bed where the length changes, to "extend" a SWB set then to make a LWB kit that you only have to cut down for the SWB? Seriously? Of course you would not. So why would you call such an easier kit "extensions?"

Sorry about the brain melt. It must have been close to melting anyway for my post to cause it though :)

If "someone" were able to take the time, pictures, measurements of what is correct for each year and send it to the vendor with an offer to purchase the correct decals, the seller may be able to come up with the exact product.  But it will take someone giving him the correct information and showing him there is some small maket for the revised product.

Till then, I have to think some people will just take what ever they can get that is close and others will just do without the correct piece.

I bought my Eliminator and "raceTruck" stripe kits from him. Great guy to deal with and QUICK shipping from Canada.

I asked him to modify the sporTruck stripe for my race truck and he had no problem doing it.

I asked him to look into making the Pioneer stripes....very glad to see he has! I need them for my dually truck. Hell have to make the bed stripes a bit longer to go across the dually fenders and I'm confident he'll be able to do that.

He has a contract to do all of the Gas Monkey Garage stickers and swag. His factory reproduction decal offerings are immense.

Buy with confidence with Prop-Kulture.

I wouldn't trust him either.....those Canadian's are all SHYSTERS......he will probably ship you real hockey sticks to stick on the side of your MJ.....they are on every street corner up there.... :wavey:  :Canadaflag:

• 2 weeks later...