2015 CC Western Pow Wow

well since those east coasters have a thread, I feel like we need a thread too! So.....yea......

Seriously though, who would be down for a western pow wow sometime next year? I tried to get a Moab Pow Wow together last year, but it just didnt come together, and alot of people ended up having to bail at the last minute. BUT, since its only september, we have seven months at the bare minimum to get this thing together. 

so whos got suggestions? whos interested in making this happen? where should we all meet? and when? 

I would be interested...I think we should start by seeing who would want to go and then decide on a central location.

Moab would be cool, but from what I have seen on the board is a large majority of the western folks are in Washington...so Moab might be too far. I'm in northern CA and willing to travel as long as I get enough time to request time off from work.

moab is whenever. i would stay away from Easter Safari, as its too crowded for my liking. from easter through late summer its a happenin place. i think colorado would be fun. ive also heard some good stuff about Idaho.

Or, we could plan a point to point trip, expo style, and members could join for whatever parts theyd like. 

moab is whenever. i would stay away from Easter Safari, as its too crowded for my liking. from easter through late summer its a happenin place. i think colorado would be fun. ive also heard some good stuff about Idaho.

Or, we could plan a point to point trip, expo style, and members could join for whatever parts theyd like.

I'll be out there for EJS. Hopefully in my MJ and not my JK...

I would think most jeep gatherings have something to do with going off road of some sorts. Doesn't mean you couldn't meet us at camp and hop in another members rig when we hit the trails...or not even go wheeling and just hang out at camp if wheeling is not your thing.

I'm not saying we have to do some extreme rock crawling, but I would think it would be a weekend of dirt roads and camping....at least that's what I imagined?

I would think most jeep gatherings have something to do with going off road of some sorts. Doesn't mean you couldn't meet us at camp and hop in another members rig when we hit the trails...or not even go wheeling and just hang out at camp if wheeling is not your thing.

I'm not saying we have to do some extreme rock crawling, but I would think it would be a weekend of dirt roads and camping....at least that's what I imagined?

same here

I have been keeping an eye on the members map. Looks like a central location for everybody would be in Utah or Nevada. Not saying we have to meet there, I'm just trying to keep it a central location for everybody.

A Moab trip would be pretty cool. I think it has something for everybody...hard trails, easy trails, camping. We wouldn't have to pick a time to go that is known to be busy.

I'm just throwing out ideas. Really don't want this thread to die. Would be cool to put together a CC meet. What you guys think? I'm open to better ideas!

Reminder: if you haven't added your location to the members map please do so!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm definitely interested... Thing is it's a long @$$ drive from where I live to anywhere. 22 hours non-stop to Moab. I like the north-west states, but frankly the east pow-wow isn't any further for me than points west. I can't really commit yet, either, being that I don't have a running MJ.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...