Core Short Throw Shifter

a2079161407042d914c4a7_m.JPG

I want to get rid of the mini console and boot this shifter to the floor.

Then-

a2079161430215efacf99c_m.JPG

I want to use this knob on this-

a2079161407063e2748e45_m.JPG

And boot the TC to the floor.

Has anyone done this and if so how did you make the two boots work out in such a close area?

Thanks

Start doing some seaching on the internet and the JY.....Your answer will require some input from the good old YJ......that is the set up it had

Here is a combined boot

CRN-5752141.jpg

Mine has seperate.....Like this....(not my YJ just a generic pic)

You can also get the combined boot in leather

Wrangler8795-05.jpg

• 4 months later...

I've got a 1st gen Hurst shifter in my '91 currently........ love it.  But, the future plans for my '91 are to go automatic and use the RADesign Rock Shift and Rail shifter I bought years ago.

2aahahj.jpg

So, if I don't put the 1st Gen Hurst into my raceTruck I want to get the longer handled Core shifter - perhaps for a YJ or TJ - so that the shifter is closer to me in the cab when I'm all strapped in.

Currently looks like this:

Want it closer like this:

1384193d1401747894t-hurst-shifter-xj-img

And being that I'm looking to leave the raceTruck 4x4 with a 242, those rubber double boots look like just the thing I'd need......... :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

What is the hurst part number for that transfer case shifter? Any idea if it will work with the factory console?

X2, what did it take to get it to work?

Edit: I went ahead and ordered it, not the cheapest for a tcase shifter, but I figured I have welder, I can get it to work one way or another.

I'm using two separate boots and I'm making my own single trim that will connect the two boots.

That's my plan anyway.

core-shifters Items
        1 NV231 transfer case shifter shift knob BLACK 1987-1995 YJ Jeep Wrangler 3/8"-16    @ $25.19 = $25.19
        1 Hurst Chrome Short Shifter Stick 5387201 w/ hardware & boot support grommet    @ $46.69 = $46.69

Sub-Total: $71.88

Email Chris at Coreshifters and ask him to send you the Hurst stick PDF.

That short stick will not work with the console. If you want to modify one to work you'll need a longer one and go deeper into the mechanism and weld it up. I did not care as mine will be covered by the boot.

The stick vs the OE shifter- Feels much better than lifting and pulling up and back.....stick feels correct.

Now that I've spent the day driving with the Core/Hurst.......could not imagine going back, no way.

I ordered the same stick for the tcase that you did, ordered last night at 7:30 and already have a tracking number. I have the newer style console in mine, its a bit flatter in that area, I think I can make it work. Cut the old one off where it becomes vertical and weld this one on.

• 1 month later...