• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Some progress:

I purchased a Boostwerks Ultimate steering brace kit, as well as a 21 spline input np231 off of an 88 4.2 YJ (anyone need a low mile BA10/5?) and a 97 AX5 with 60,000 miles on it. Those should fit together, right?

Anyway, I also need to get some front u joints, have my rear shaft shortened, purchase a front DS, anda drive flange for my 8.8 and I can make my SporTruck a 4x4. Oh, I also purchased (on a whim) a ZJ steering box to begin my p/s conversion.

Meanwhile...

• 1 month later...

Looking good! I have a couple of questions for you regarding your 3" lift. I have 1.75" coil spacers now and I am planning on going to 2" lift coils with spacers or 3"coils without spacers. Did you have to use longer shackles or an AAL to get keep it pretty close to level?  I really do not like the rake I had before the spacers and would like a little more level than it is now with them.  I am only running 30 x 9.50s, but may go to 31 or 33 x 10.50s in the future.  I prefer the taller skinny tire for looks and the fact I will be using it for mostly DD and occasional trips to the local lawn & garden.  I don't need to convert to 4x4 and don't want to go any higher that 3" since ift may also see limited use for hauling my other toy (faired and bagged 2010 Vulcan 900 Custom). 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks man. :) I appreciate the kind words.

I actually left the rear end alone for now. I still have the stock 2wd SporTruck leaves with bigger shocks. I like it well enough and it clears the 31's just fine even with the high offset I'm running. I may go to metric tonne leaves just for more control while towing.

• 9 months later...

I sure like what you did with your Mj. I have 87 2wd 4 cy. 2.5 4 spd. Sportuck mine is beige. I'm the original owner. My gas tank fuel pump and sender all rusted out! Couldn't find a sender anywhere so went with a fuel cell and external fuel pump. I would like to put it back original, but don't know where to get a sender. Is your fuel system still original? Any idea where I can find a used sender, have checked all junk yards with no luck!

• 3 months later...

I sure like what you did with your Mj. I have 87 2wd 4 cy. 2.5 4 spd. Sportuck mine is beige. I'm the original owner. My gas tank fuel pump and sender all rusted out! Couldn't find a sender anywhere so went with a fuel cell and external fuel pump. I would like to put it back original, but don't know where to get a sender. Is your fuel system still original? Any idea where I can find a used sender, have checked all junk yards with no luck!

Thanks! I'm having issues with my sender too. Hopefully I can find a clean used one. If not, I'll have to figure something out.

Your snow fields have an odd texture to them :D

Kinda hard to tell in the tiny pics on my phone, but is that "bull bar" just the hoop part or is it the whole bumper? Either way it looks good, but now you need to get some lights up on that roof bar to match.

• 5 weeks later...

When wore you at white sands? I have a home up near there, in Alamo. It's where I keep my toys, including my MJ. I need to take my MJ there for some photos. Best place to take black cars / trucks or white ones, the contrast makes the truck "pop"

We need to get all the ELP guys and have a meet. There must be 4 or 5 here now.