• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple of coats of Rust Tough Primer for good measure.  Note the XJ in the background with a ridiculous amount of lift.  

Throwing in the Duplicolor liner.  It was actually VERY easy to coat, and i like the results.  It's been 2 weeks since I  finished coating the floor and it's still curing.  I'll keep you guiys updated on it. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I like where this is going. Let me know if you need any thing or your looking for parts cuse I'm a MJ parts horder.

Thanks man!  Been busy as hell with school, so I've just been driving it for now.  I'm getting some free time now, though.  Let me know when you want to see it.  I'd LOVE for you to pick over my rig and give me pointers.  :)  

Ok, so now for some long overdue updates.  Nothing major, I just keep hacking off little bits on my to do list. 

The Duraliner took a while to dry out.  It smelled like ammonia the whole time, but now it's dry and looks pretty good to boot.  I'm still on the fence about carpeting the MJ.  I like being able to just hose it out and not worry about it.  

Anyway, on to the pics!

looking good. not many MJ's up in Alamo... One less now I guess.. :)

Thanks man!  I heard rumors of a LWB 4x4 with a blown up 2.8 sitting in Dog Canyon that some old guy is practically giving away.  I may go investigate in the near future.  

New lift parts:

New 8.8

AX4 drain plug.  Looked like the fluid had glitter.  MUCH better after a 10-30w Synth oil change.

Engine bay as it sits now

Totally unrelated, but here's a broken scraper, made out of rancheria chert.  It's estimated to be between 10,000 and 6,0000 years old. 

Some poser flex???

Remember the ammo boxes?

V8 ZJ coils vs Rancho 2.5" coils

How it looks like with the Rancho coils up front:

Needs LEDS 

I plan on installing a light bar across the roof, just haven;t decided which one to get.  I'll be re-installing the Hella Rallye 2000's I had on the bumper.  Those are FANTASTIC fog/flood beams.

Pics of the upgraded exhaust:

It's not mandrel bent, but with the down-pipe measuring 2.25" and the section after that measuring 2.5" all the way to the tip, it flows plenty well for the 2.5L, is throaty with a good rumble at parking lot speeds and when the throttle is mashed, and has the added benefit of being very, very quiet at 55-60mph.  As a matter of fact, at those speeds, the BFG AT's are louder than the exhaust.

• 3 weeks later...

So.... I FINALLY threw in a 3/4 cluster to get rid of the idiot cluster. Everything was running well.... then the slave cylinder let go. The INTERNAL slave cylinder.

I'm debating whether to throw in an ax5/np231 in the least invasive way I can, convert to external slave and go with an ax5, or go whole hov and throw in an ax15. What say ye?