Built A New "stock" Bumper....

sooo... it came out way worse than I thought it was gonna...

being black, you can see every spot I thought I cleaned up but I guess I didn't.... kinda disappointed but I'm gonna run with it for a while I guess.

That's a great job!  Looks amazing!  How much did it cost to make and can you make more?!?  My rear bumper is jacked all to hell and I want something that looks stock (if not a stock one) to replace it.

it didn't cost me anything. its all scrap. youd be surprised what gets thrown away at work. and powder coat didn't cost anything either.

it took, I'm gonna say, about 50 hours to do. thats with all the brainstorming and messing with ideas.

it weighs 51 pounds compared to the stock 31 pounds.

Nice! Maybe you should start selling a slightly different unit, a stocker where you would attach the end caps. That would keep cost and labor time down, and I bet they'd sell.

If you used a flat black paint the imperfections would be less noticeable, that kind of looks glossy or semi-gloss. Can you use any kind of high build primer before powdercoating I wonder?

Nice! Maybe you should start selling a slightly different unit, a stocker where you would attach the end caps. That would keep cost and labor time down, and I bet they'd sell.

If you used a flat black paint the imperfections would be less noticeable, that kind of looks glossy or semi-gloss. Can you use any kind of high build primer before powdercoating I wonder?

We have flat black but I didn't want that. It's medium gloss. And no, you can't use primer. Has to be bare metal since it's elecrocally charged powder. Unless it's on aluminum. Then you pre heat it then powder then bake it on. Plus I had it sand blasted or else the powdercoat barely sticks.

And my first intentions were to use the stock end caps but the broke pieces came out a bit too big so I couldn't use them. And I would only be able to produce a couple every once in a long while. Since I'm having the presses break the parts and then me building them when I'm on 8 hour shifts which is some what rare and then having them powdercoated whenever they have time. I work in a production/ fab. shop so were always busy. We build a lot of different things. Some you might see or use every day....

• 2 weeks later...