Help Id Please.....

i hate when that happens,I'm going through the same deal,ive had my Comanche for many years now use to be my brothers we built a business in this awesome truck  he sold it to my nephew who started  cutting al the wires for  what i do not know anyways that's where I'm at trying to locate whats what,leaving no stone unturned  but these comanches have so many wire's ending up no wheres for what reasons i do not know

• 1 month later...

hey cruiser this is jrwhite i couldnt  logg into my jrwhite3230 account anyways to answer your last question is yes its actualy  all my running lights when i pull my headlight switch it keep blowing the fuse which is the prking 10amp fuse and also my fuelgauge does not work and my battery is being drain which i suspect the whole problem is on that circuit(wire red/blk tracer) <--which i followed as far as i could but goes into harness to where i don't know  ??maybe  IcM <---which i just had to replace due to circuit coard fried .now I'm spooked ,because this might be why original ICM fried in first place, what i need is a schematic thaat shows the headlight switch wireing in laymans perspective if its out there?

I wouldn't stay up at night worrying about it. Seems that Jeep had one harness regardless of the options. Example: My truck didn't have a windshield washer tank and it didn't look like one had ever been mounted either. Pulled one out of wrecked XJ and it bolted and connected everything. Wasn't even a 5 min project.

hey cruiser this is jrwhite i couldnt  logg into my jrwhite3230 account anyways to answer your last question is yes its actualy  all my running lights when i pull my headlight switch it keep blowing the fuse which is the prking 10amp fuse and also my fuelgauge does not work and my battery is being drain which i suspect the whole problem is on that circuit(wire red/blk tracer) <--which i followed as far as i could but goes into harness to where i don't know  ??maybe  IcM <---which i just had to replace due to circuit coard fried .now I'm spooked ,because this might be why original ICM fried in first place, what i need is a schematic thaat shows the headlight switch wireing in laymans perspective if its out there?

Clicky

That's a link to a 1988 service manual. It's got wiring diagrams, and I can confirm that the same headlight wiring is used in my '91 so your '89 shouldn't be any different, except maybe for wire colours. It's not "layman's perspective" by any means, but electrical diagrams aren't that difficult to read and it will pay for you to learn. There's even a guide to how to read them attached.

I just used this as a guide for wiring in a new headlight switch connector on my '91. The factory wiring isn't quite up to snuff for the headlights, and the connectors tend to melt. Mine set itself on fire. The headlight switch has constant power to it, so that might not be the worst place to start looking for a drain or a short that's blowing your fuse.

If you're dealing with a hacked up harness though, it'll likely be easiest to pull a complete one from the same model year (An XJ's will work with a couple changes with tail lights and stuff, but an MJ's will go right in) and swap it in, instead of trying to patch yours back together. Also look into upgrading the headlight wiring with something like the putco H4 kit.