Receiver Hitch/bumper

Are you planning on making the bumper match the profile of the front bumper? That's a guess based on the shape of the brackets. If that's the case, would you be able to use the factory end caps off a stock XJ rear bumper? Don't actually know if the front and rear XJ bumpers share the profile, though.

Are you planning on making the bumper match the profile of the front bumper? That's a guess based on the shape of the brackets. If that's the case, would you be able to use the factory end caps off a stock XJ rear bumper? Don't actually know if the front and rear XJ bumpers share the profile, though.

No, not trying to match, just make it simple.

As to the end caps..........I don't' what anything plastic and they would not fit anyway.

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

The bumper turned out OK.............not necessarily proud of it though.

The receiver on the other hand is more than sufficient and that's what I was really after.

It's not perfect but it will come off eventually when I paint the truck, I'll go over it again and clean it up a little better........Bondo will be my friend.

I have about $100 bucks into it.......couldn't buy a bumper or a hitch for that.

Thanks for the input guys.

My original intent was to run it out around the lower quarters as you guys suggest. Truth is, it was a matter of time, I needed haul some doors to a job on Tuesday, it just had to get done.

The other thing is, I'm just not a very good finish welder. I get by with the stick welder but I have not got the hang of the mig yet......frankly, I don't like the mig.

It's grown on me the way it is, I've come to like it.

From a distant POV it really cleans up the rear end.