Bad Day !

i was drive alone at 45 mph ....no sweet next backfiring ,loss of power weird knocking< -not all the time happening very srtange   and liter bleed down -clattering  .........one bad day ! popped valve cover open ,seen nothing funny -turned over by hand -only cylinder one exhaust weak at pump up ?? at 250,000 miles damn oil pump went ?? anybody   else heard this one before ??/

yes that's what i said too  Huh? what the hell ......anybody heard of this before ? now the loss of power is the kicker - all rockers are moving but #1 exhaust  is weakly.....knocking is like hit and miss -i know what rods and mains sound like if a bearing spins out ...i am going take the oil psi test ....maybe r&r #1 exhaust lifter the weak one .....i am still wondering what the damn moo ! 

if the #1 rocker for the exhaust valve is weakly working that will cause a knock,

if the valve is not functioning properly then it will not allow the exhaust vapors to expel from the combustion chamber

having a pre fire/detonation

a bad tappet can cause this, as well as the rocker fastener coming loose,

a quick fix for this is to create a shim under the rocker to the lifter, creating zero lash,

the exhaust valve will then preform properly

that will only eliminate the exhaust valve being the culprit

if the #1 rocker for the exhaust valve is weakly working that will cause a knock,

if the valve is not functioning properly then it will not allow the exhaust vapors to expel from the combustion chamber

having a pre fire/detonation

a bad tappet can cause this, as well as the rocker fastener coming loose,

a quick fix for this is to create a shim under the rocker to the lifter, creating zero lash,

the exhaust valve will then preform properly

that will only eliminate the exhaust valve being the culprit  new lifters - installed pumped up and soaked in oil ..it ran great Tuesday today all is well in the morning ....seen the weak action on the rocker arm by spinning engine over with valve cover off not starting it ....the rocker arm mounting bolt is tight and new ...action of the lifter was mushy not hard like rest .... maybe bad lifter but strange noise, a metallic  pop ...sorry if  anybody didn't understand me ....its been a rough day at too and this ......  

Could have wiped a lobe on the cam too!!

damn lifter failed[center is mauled out ] ! what the damn moo with red  break in goo thick as hell and fresh oil ...rest are ok pulled them ....well time to build a short block time ...if you start have strange  power struggles  and hear lifter bleed down -rocker arms are rubbing on the valve stems a creeling sound  /noisy start up lifter noise .....dive in ! 

yes that's what i said too  Huh? what the hell ......anybody heard of this before ? now the loss of power is the kicker - all rockers are moving but #1 exhaust  is weakly.....knocking is like hit and miss -i know what rods and mains sound like if a bearing spins out ...i am going take the oil psi test ....maybe r&r #1 exhaust lifter the weak one .....i am still wondering what the damn moo

Could have wiped a lobe on the cam too!!

damn lifter failed[center is mauled out ] ! what the damn moo with red  break in goo thick as hell and fresh oil ...rest are ok pulled them ....well time to build a short block time ...if you start have strange  power struggles  and hear lifter bleed down -rocker arms are rubbing on the valve stems a creeling sound  /noisy start up lifter noise .....dive in ! 

The text in red... what does that mean? Not trying to give you a bad time, just trying to understand.