summer badlands meet? now official!

yeah and hopefully it stays nice when i get home :brows:

Does that mean that the possibility of a roll over contest is out of the question? :roll:

can't teach a new dog old tricks...

I think I got that right...in my mind :P

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just over 2 weeks to go. Is everyone ready to go?

not even close...still have to lift the truck, buy new front shocks, finish the body work, por15 the floor and then put the carpet back in, and clean off surface rust on the bottom then undercoat it...

all that in the next 2 weeks. I probably won't get the undercoating done but the interior and exterior body stuff has to happen as well as fix the vac. disco and lift...

Just over 2 weeks to go. Is everyone ready to go?
Only 10 days to go for me, till my MJ will be done, But, I don't have the funds to make it to Badlands, let alone, Bradford, PA. I'll be using my sister's gas in her WJ to get there, and fill the mj with as much as I can afford...

i have been ready to go since we started to talk about this trip!

Hopefully we will have a couple of MJ's down there tearing it up.

You just shush. :P I'm just hoping to have my 86 ready to roll for a return trip next year :brows: . And from the looks of it, we will have more than a couple down there.

A week from this Friday :cheers:

haha, and I haven't finished the 89...

it needs the rear lifted still and brake lines extended.

luckily, I got the front shocks today and installed them (from rough country), and got my spring perches too. $113 all told but I guess it's worth it.

gonna lift the rear on friday and extend the brake lines then too.

Tenative plan for Rebecca and I are to leave Friday evening at somepoint and get to the Badlands by 10:00 PM. We will be camping Friday and Saturday night and do plan on wheeling both days (Sat. and Sun) if our vehicals allow.

We will be staying at the Attica Family Campground which is at the entrance to the Badlands. Cost is $7.00 per night and they do allow 4 people at that rate. So if 2 additional people wanted to split the cost with us that would be fine. More details on where we are staying can be found here: http://www.atticacamping.com

If you want to split cost with us, PLEASE PM ME as I'd like to have this arranged prior.

The Great Lakes XJ group will also be their this weekend and I do know that several of them plan on camping at the same place. You guys are more than welcome to share a campsite.

I do plan on making a phone call in the next few days to try to get a large campsite reserved for us (GLXJ). Some weekends it gets pretty packed, so I want to make sure we have enough room. If you guys want to join in please let me know who's planing on camping so I can give them a number for the space we need. I will post back when I have more news.

I just got word that my Wife and daughter will both be out of work as of the 17th, so my son and I will not make it out this time around :cry: Can not use the money for play with not knowing how long it will take for them to find new jobs.

Have fun and we will be right behind you on the trail in thoughts :cheers: