summer badlands meet? now official!

well, i am still in...I think.

but as I just found out I am going back to college in the fall (as in, found out on tuesday), money is getting tight.

tight enough that is, that I cannot afford to have the driveshaft for the 89 built (the lift made the yoke come too far for me to wish to risk operating like so) if I plan on going...and I plan on going only if the 89 is built as I won't wheel the 3800.

doesn't help that my family is tight on money right now too.

So bare with me here I will still comprise all the info I have into a document for everyone, but I am unsure as to whether or not I will be able to go. my last hope is a 1.5" tranny drop that I'm gonna fab. up. that might give me the ability to get a functional pinion angle without losing much clearance.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. I wish beaterjeep were home right now, I need to talk to him cause we're still fixing his truck, but there isn't any possible way for me to make it to attica with a vehicle that I would be willing to take offroad.

the 89 just won't be done due to driveshaft issues. I can't afford to pay for a driveshaft to be built, and I'm not borrowing money to do it. the family is tight on $$$ right now too so gas to get there just wouldn't be affordable.

maybe next year guys, but I know I won't be there this year.

I'll still get together the info I have right now for y'all, and I'll facilitate if anyone else would like to send me their info.

sorry guys, but unexpected stuff happened this week and I just can't crank out the $$$ to make it. I SOOOO wanted to go too.

I didn't do it. worked on the 3800 instead...I am trying to get the intake moved up the left front corner of the engine bay and replace the trackbar.

I think I'm putting the 89 off to the side for the week, I'm sick of looking at it.

Photo's can be seen here: http://greatlakesxj.activeboard.com/index.spark?forumID=43793&p=3&topicID=13040497

You need to register on the GLXJ forum to view the fullsize pics. (it's free to register)

I'm sure there will be more photo's once everyone gets home and gets them uploaded, so check back later to see more pics. I know 1 guy has over 150 more photo's that are not uploaded yet.

I'm working on the video as I type this, It will be uploaded to the above link ASAP.

Wow, so I'd say y'alls got a lot of pics alright. Looks like a fun time was had by all. Was there any damage reports, or was it a safe run?

It was a pritty safe run.

I lost my muffler (was gonna happen anyways) and had a bit of fender rubbage from my 35's.

I dinged my above door drip guard just a tad from a tree.

Josh (red XJ) lost a fender flare from rubbage of his tires as well.

Andy (blue KJ) had a small dent in his door from a rock.

But all in all, it was a really clean run.

god dang dial up. i can't even watch the stupid video. oh well, i lived it so i guess i don't need to see it.

You and your dad were sitting there talking about your new HD tv all weekend and your still on dialup? :roll:

Yeah it's a rather large file. "Right click, save as" and let it download for a few hours and come back later. ;)