summer badlands meet? now official!

The closer this date gets, the more I want to try and make it.

For anyone who has been there, done that, which hotel would you recommend to actually get a good night sleep?

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually stay at The Attica Inn

it is clean and costs about $72.00

two beds and ice cold a/c

tell them you are running at the Badlands.

Reservations are recommended

it gets crowded somtimes.

I also ask for a room facing the parking lot.

it is closeby, and you don't have to air up to get there.

FOOD - I recommend Robies

It is a bar/restaurant. Good steaks, chops, pumpkin pie

BOB

http://www.theatticainn.com/

http://www.badlandsoffroad.com/default.asp

damn bob....still work on it if ya can.

I'm STOKED. to go.

but I just went to missouri (st. louis) and back and am sick of traveling...

so I am thinking I'll leave the trailering to my dad and bro...and we may just have to bring the 3800 down as well. I can't stand long trips and not be the driver..i go nuts.

fine by me because i am only running a 23 channel midland.

haha, speaking of which. call me tonight after 7:30. I want to test my CB out and you are the only other person with a CB that I know....

I recieve from the semis etc. but am not sure if they were responding to me, plus I have NO CLUE how to set the antennas for it. I just want them to work for trail riding, i don't need a 40 or 50 mile radius.

From my experiences with organizing get-togethers, it's wise to gather up names, cell phone numbers, estimated arrival times, places where people are staying, etc and give that list to everyone attending so that communication is possible beyond just trying to use the CB when you get there Saturday. There are a ton of other folks at the badlands on the weekend and there's no guarantee that CB communication is reliable for making first contact with people. I found that the campground was a good spot for meeting (if someone is staying there) as there are fewer rigs in it than the expansive and multilevel parking lot.

that is a good idea pete.

I am staying at the badlands campground at the entrance.

I will be leaving my house friday the 10th around noon or one.

I should get there around 5 or 6. we have a red dodge with a camper in the bed.

My name is Wade.

name of Pat

leaving with Wade most likely.

staying near Wade...in campground.

will be in an 03 gmc duramax with a 40 foot flatbed, and at least 2 MJ's on it...perhaps one next to it.

cell number will be available...will post nearer to date, then remove upon return as I don't want it out there for the world to see.

Hi, I'm Joe and I'm an alc...... oops, wrong spot for that.

I'll be down at Pat's on the 8th, fixing my 88.

I'll also be leaving and staying in the same place as Pat.

No cell phone for me, and I highly doubt my house phone will reach that far.

My son " Charlie" and I " Charles" will make it :D

Not sure if we will be in on Friday Night or Saturday morning. All depends on where we stay, My son wants to camp but if I do that I will not be able to move the next day :chillin: The Attica Inn is $72 and down the road but I can use my discount and get a room for $42 in Lafayette and drive in Saturday morning and have $30 more to put in the MJ :D

Not looking good to bring anything other then the Ranger.

23 days to go and need shocks, tires and a bed, and it has not had is first road test :cry: so unless I win the Lotto in the next week the MJ will not make this trip. And we have taken so many items off the Xj to put on the MJ that it will not be on the road till early next year :cry:

Any ch is good for the CB, If I do not get one in the Ranger prior to the trip I have a hand held 40 ch radio.

Maybe when the time is near we can PM a list of cell phone #'s around so we do not have to post them :cheers:

Maybe when the time is near we can PM a list of cell phone #'s around so we do not have to post them :cheers:

Now that sounds like a sound idea to me.

Maybe vehicle desciptions and where you plan to stay too?

Is there one person who will be in charge of taking said info and destibuting it then?

You only need one person (doesn't matter who I guess) to step up and take down all the info and put it into an excel spreadsheet. Then that person would send the document to all parties going. That way no matter what happens, everyone will have everyone else's info.

Possibly also emergency contact info in the odd case that someone needs medical attention. I know I will be disclosing that information to whoever will be in charge of gathering info, as with my CF and now being diabetic, it runs the possibility of being needed. Just a thought.

pm all that to me and I will get it together over the next week...that way it's done.

so ANYONE who is going, or contemplating going, send me your info, and your email address, and I'll type it up and send it to your email address.

p.s. the info would include name, number in your party, vehicle you are taking, where you plan on staying, and emergency contact.

I will find out a meeting time from Wade for saturday morning. I'll be there round 6pm at the campsite with Joe, my dad, and my bro so if anyone wants to meet up with us...

i was thinking that we meet at the water hole next to the lower parking lot.

I go where Wade goes...

partly because I have no idea what's goin on there....

and partly because he knows his truck is too nice to f*ck up and I feel the same way about mine.