Restored Jeep Comanche 4X4

this jeep has been a rebuild for me. I restored it from the bottom up. it is a 1990 jeep comanche 4x4 which as you all know are hard to come by today. very rare jeeps. i restored everything but the interior. i didn't feel like i needed to because it was already nice! no holes, rips, no nothing. everything you see is brand new. paint, tires, wheels, stickers, axels, brakes, motor mounts, body mounts, suspension and lots more. it took me approximately 6 months to complete. i could keep going with the jeep, but i just don't have the time anymore. it has a straight 6 and 4.0 litre. it only has 145,xxx miles on the original motor. i replaced the gas tank, oxygen sensor, ball joints, radiator, relay starter, and much more. there are absolutley no flaws with this bad boy. lifetime warranty on the tires. only thing it needs that will make it pop even more is a spray in bed liner. or even a tradional bedliner. personally, i like the spray in ones better. i was going to put one in, but like i said, i just don't have the time to spend on it anymore. i have babied this thing ever since i started to put life back in it. clean blue title in hand. my name is josh. contact me if you are interested.

pictures upon request because there to big on the file size for some reason to post on here.

No worries about not posting the price...However, as a constructive criticism... You may want to find a way to post some pics, otherwise, the $11k number is just going to be a 'Thanks but no thanks, nothing to see here...' Post.

Post up some pics showing it's worth what you are asking and you will get an exponentially better response. Host them on fb or picture trail, and link them here.

Rob

Looks like a nice $5000 Comanche. Paint looks great, but just rebuilding axles, body work and paint, some fresh parts here and there. A 145k mile motor and stock original interior.

Most people on here are do it your self types, and they could buy a 90 MJ, and do what you did for less than 11k. You may have that into it....but it is not worth that.

Try Ebay or Craigslist....

FYI..I bought a 90 eliminator with full restoration, 99 interior/exterior, front and rear bumpers/ winch/ well built 4.7 stroker, 44/30 axles geared and locked, long arm, 35's, and paid about what your asking for your fairly stock build. I would say most on here would think I paid to much for the one I got.

...everything you see is brand new. paint, tires, wheels, stickers, axels, brakes, motor mounts, body mounts, suspension and lots more.

Just curious, what body mounts did you replace being these trucks are a unibody? Also are you sure its an eliminator? Given that eliminators had bucket seats, full center console, tachometer, sport steering wheel, color matched flares, and more than likely wouldn't have a column shift or a solid rear glass. Truck doesn't look too bad, but a lot of people here will be surprised if you get $11k for it, good luck with the sale,

its actually not an eliminator, its a sportstrack. i didnt mean to confuse anybody, but i just thought to put the eliminator decal on there because i liked it better. i just thought the sportstrack decals were too much. and you can put body mount under the cab for a smoother ride. i also put motor mounts on because if you came to a idle at a light or something, you wouldnt feel the vibration on the steering wheel. i already have it on craigslist for 11k. but i mean, i didnt wanna put anything fancy on it, just wanted to keep it as original as possible and I'm happy with it.

Can you post a picture of the body mounts under the cab please?  I am looking to replace mine and I'm not exactly sure how to.

Theres no body mounts dude. MJ/XJs are unibody construction so the "frame rails" are basically just part of the cab. However MJs are kind of unique as after the cab, the unibody rails begin to resemble more of a traditional frame chassis and become boxed in. Therefore the bed is bolt on, but not the cab.  

"Very rare jeep" is always an interesting listing item. Having recently helped a friend install sub-frame stiffeners I would also be very interested in the process for installing new cab mounts. Looks like a pretty clean MJ but listing it in the Craigslist ad as an Eliminator is basically fraud as you admit that you know it is not an Eliminator.

"I restored it from bottom up. It is a 1990 Jeep Comanche 4x4 eliminator which are hard to come by today"

You might want to revise this sale ad in order to avoid any potential litigation should you sale it under such false pretense and the new buyer discovers the deception.

Good luck with the sale.

It's a nice truck for sure....... but jeeplover needs to tread lightly here....... he's beginning to sound like a fraud.  A fake Eliminator and "body mounts"?  Also...... "Sportstrack"....... um perhaps you mean Sport Truck????

C'mon man, you won't be fooling the folks here......

I agree with H3RESQ........ it's a solid $5K truck to the right person. 

I have a pile of them in my parts stash. Whenever I get rid of an MJ I keep the body mounts since they are such a hard item to get replacements. I'd be willing to sell some for the right price.

I'll start the bidding at $.01 :banana:

• 2 months later...

Archived