Rear Sliding Window

Was just browsing through team cherokee's website and came across this:

http://teamcherokee.com/rear-back-slider-tinted-glass-assembly-jeep-comanche-pick-up-1986-1992/

it's a replacement rear sliding window for the mj's with metal locking latch inside for $150. Wanted to post it up on here for anyone looking for one or wanting to convert from solid to sliding window.

The description says Direct Replacement OE Style Complete Rear Back Slider Tinted Glass Assembly.... And says that the photo is of a J truck back window that is used to show what the glass looks like. They do reference some OE part numbers, so if tint/no tint is an issue I'd suggest a phone call or e-mail,for clarification before you order.

The description says Direct Replacement OE Style Complete Rear Back Slider Tinted Glass Assembly.... And says that the photo is of a J truck back window that is used to show what the glass looks like. They do reference some OE part numbers, so if tint/no tint is an issue I'd suggest a phone call or e-mail,for clarification before you order.

Regardless of what they claim, it is NOT an OEM replacement and I would like to see clear, detailed photos of one installed in an MJ before ordering.

This unit has flat glass. The MJ glass is curved. They say (and the photos show) that this unit has an aluminum frame. The OEM slider does NOT have a full frame. It has aluminum strips across the top and bottom, but the two side edges are exposed glass.

This may be an okay substitute/alternate for the OEM slider, but do not expect it to look like the factory window. It can't and won't.

They (Team Cherokee) never said it was an OEM replacement; it's obviously not. The wordsmithing read "OE Style".

If it IS the CRL unit, and it sure sounds like it, it's a quality piece. I had one put in a few years ago and it looks good and works well. But I reused the original gasket, not the supplied one, so it looks "close" to original, except it's 4-pane.

They (Team Cherokee) never said it was an OEM replacement; it's obviously not. The wordsmithing read "OE Style".

If it IS the CRL unit, and it sure sounds like it, it's a quality piece. I had one put in a few years ago and it looks good and works well. But I reused the original gasket, not the supplied one, so it looks "close" to original, except it's 4-pane.

Can you post some photos, taken from off to one side of the cab at maybe about 30 degrees from the line of the rear wall (and window)? I see MJs around here with aftermarket sliders, and the frames always sit proud of the cab surface. If this unit uses flat glass (does it?), then I don't see any way it can be installed to sit flush with the cab, because the cab surface is curved.

No can do Eagle. The CRL slider was installed in 03; camper shell was painted and installed a couple of months after. Sorry, not going to pull it. I could take some pics of the crack between, but it wouldn't show much.  :dunno:

Here the link for the one I have bookmarked

http://www.dkhardware.com/product-30693-etrv700bt-tri-vent-three-panel-slider-with-dark-gray-glass-for-1986-1992-jeep-comanche.html

Can anyone tell me what the perk is to having a double slider instead of one? Just the look of it?

Mine aftermarket, but it's a fixed plane I can get pictures of it if anyone wants them?

88whitemanche --

Do you have any photos without all the tape hiding the fit of the window frame to the body opening? That's exactly what we should be concerned about. The point of view of your photo is perfect, but the tape hides what we want to see.

Then a close-up of the upper and lower corners would be great.

Zack

I originally wanted a 3 window slider but got the 4 instead because it was the Only one they had....I wasn't going to wait a month to get one neither....usually I hear the negatives of the four because its easier to break into instead of the three....

So if its easier to break into why do people want it? Is that what came from the factory?