Rear Sliding Window

This is the CR Lawrence unit. It is the one I have in Bucky. solid unit built very well. I can highly recommend this rear slider.

Can you get a couple of close-ups from approximately the same perspective as your second photo?

I had the CRL 4 pane installed in November. I bought it online from DK Hardware Supply.  Pretty happy with it, I'd recommend it.  

The factory window sits in the opening, the CRL glue-in sits on the opening. I think the CRL looks better, I never liked the factory look of the thick gasket and the thick frame - looks like you're cheated into a small window, but there are small drawbacks:

1) the factory glass sits down in the opening, the CRL sits on the opening.  Its overflush but not much.  the gaps between the window and body are vary between touch condition and 1/8" gap (not a leak issue and not eye catching to a casual observer).  after 9months I don't notice it at all.

2) On the inside, I'm seeing about a 3/4" gap to the trim panels. At the right angle I can see the B-plr light leaking through, this hasn't been an issue.

3) The CRL is taller than the factory window, when the window is open, you can see the edge of the headliner.  Looks fine, only notice if you know it isn't sposed to look like that.

4)  A 3 pane window will slide better, the wider sliding pane won't bind/buck in the tracks as much as the shorter 4pane ones.  Not a big deal, just muscle through

and last - the guy that installed mine used way too much urethane. it squeezed out on the inside and got into the tracks. had to come back a couple days later to cut the junk out. I was pretty ticked off but still think the CRL looks better from the outside. Just try to get it installed right. 

EDIT - finally figured out how to load pics (finally read the tutorial on how to load pics)

This is the CR Lawrence unit. It is the one I have in Bucky. solid unit built very well. I can highly recommend this rear slider.

Can you get a couple of close-ups from approximately the same perspective as your second photo?

I will see if I have other photos that will suit your purpose before the roll bar went on.

And will gladly shoot whatever new ones will help. I should be back over to the painters this afternoon let me know if you will be ok with the roll bar being in the way but I will certainly take more angles and closeups.

Nope -- too far away.

Based on RochesterMJ's description, I couldn't live with the CRL unit. The rear window is supposed to sit IN the opening and be flush with the surface of the cab. Gluing it ONto the outside is not acceptable (to me). I'd rather not have a slider than have to live with a kludge like that.

?? Not flush maybe I am missing something??

Apparently you're missing RochesterMJ's description of how his fit:

The factory window sits in the opening, the CRL glue-in sits on the opening. I think the CRL looks better, I never liked the factory look of the thick gasket and the thick frame - looks like you're cheated into a small window, but there are small drawbacks:

1) the factory glass sits down in the opening, the CRL sits on the opening.  Its overflush but not much.  the gaps between the window and body are vary between touch condition and 1/8" gap (not a leak issue and not eye catching to a casual observer).  after 9months I don't notice it at all.

2) On the inside, I'm seeing about a 3/4" gap to the trim panels. At the right angle I can see the B-plr light leaking through, this hasn't been an issue.

3) The CRL is taller than the factory window, when the window is open, you can see the edge of the headliner.  Looks fine, only notice if you know it isn't sposed to look like that.

Mine has a 4 panel slider with inside flip latch and love it. Been in it since I bought my 'manche about 10 years ago.  Its a CRL and is not flush. sits out a good inch. Glass still good but all of the stripping on the window itself has had it.  Might have to spring for a new one.

ALL the aftermarket rear windows I've seen around here have fitted like photos number 1 and 3 in Jim Oshel's post #28 -- with the window sitting conspicuously "proud" of the rear wall of the cab. That's simply not acceptable to me -- I'd rather not have a slider if that's the way they fit.

ALL the aftermarket rear windows I've seen around here have fitted like photos number 1 and 3 in Jim Oshel's post #28 -- with the window sitting conspicuously "proud" of the rear wall of the cab. That's simply not acceptable to me -- I'd rather not have a slider if that's the way they fit.

If mine sat like the pics you point out I would not care for it either (unless I kept a topper on the truck and it was not visible).

While it is true that the CR Lawrence unit does sit "proud" it is not like those photos nor is it anwhere close to an inch on my installation. I am sorry my "honey do's" make it impossible to shoot yo more photos today I will do it as soon as I can for you.

Obviously we all have different tastes and only you can tell what will and won't work.

You're not. All the "not flush" examples were "not installed" correctly.

Like Clint Eastwood said "A man's got to know his limitations" I paid a professional to install mine, and looking at some of these pics apparently it is, some of the best $$ I spent on the MJ.