Mzairboy's Comanche

Hello Everyone!

I am new to the Comanche Club, so new, I don't even have a Comanche. That however, might change. Friday I will be embarking on a 13 hour drive to hopfully purchase a very nice Comanche that has caught my eye. 13 hours out, catch a bit of sleep, load up the MJ, and drive 13 hours home. That is the plan. I've never been a forum type of guy, but first impressions around here are good, and I feel welcomed. I guess you can just follow this thread as I embark on the adventure of my first Comanche!

Photos of bringing the Comanche home!

Image Not Found

Quick stop for photos. Been here before a few years back, but not with a manche...

Image Not Found

Stopping for world famous ribs!

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Stopping at an abandoned gas station to find a geocache. www.geocaching.com

Image Not Found

More pics to come!

Here are photos of the Comanche once we arrived home in PA. It was well worth the drive! I'll be leaving for a Texas trip next week, so I stored it in the barn basement. I'll start work on it soon.

Some things I plan to do are:

Undercoat the underneath.

Custom tool box.

Custom roll bar and tire carrier.

Custom bed and tailgate guards. (Stole the idea from the "Building of Bucky" thread.

Rocker guards.

Clean up the interior.

Tune the engine.

Here is a link to the build thread before me, with additional photos. Enjoy!

http://comancheclub.com/topic/38646-nice-mj-not-mine/

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

At home with the rest of the family!

Image Not Found

I am wondering if that was a 4WD conversion since it has the 1997+ shifter and bezel there.

Yes, it is a 4wd conversion. It has a NP242 Transfer case with more 4wd options than I know what to do with. =)

What a sweet truck I love it just how it is! With the other upgrades you are doing it will be sweet!  I might have read over it how much lift is on it right now?

4.5" lift. In addition it has ACOS adjustable coil spacers.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that I am back from Texas, I hope to get the Manche inspected and road ready. I think I might do a custom license plate, but I need to see what is available.

I attached a few photos of before and after for those who are too lazy to click links. I think b52nav did a great job on the restoration, and I hope to improve upon where he left off.

Before Restorations.

Image Not Found

After Restorations - How I bought it.

Image Not Found

• 2 weeks later...

Let the modifications begin!

I got a set of Quadratec Ultimate Floor Liners for the 84-01 Cherokee.

Part # 14254.7001

http://www.quadratec.com/products/14254_7001_07.htm

Overall impressions are good. They fit pretty well, and have a lot of coverage on the floor. I have a set for my Wrangler and they are very durable and really keep mud and slush off the carpet.

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

I also applied my ComancheClub.com decal! :thumbsup:

Image Not Found

• 2 weeks later...

Update: TWO bearings that were bad in the front axle need replaced. It should also pass inspection and soon be ready to drive!

I also heard something that sounds like engine knock, but it could be the bearings in the front.

Wait! If it sounds anything like a rod knock, check your flexplate-torque converter bolts first. There is an inspection cover at the front of the transmission. Under that is the engine's flexplate which is held to the torque converter by several bolts. These have a habit of backing out over the years and making a sound very much like a bottom end knock. Turn the engine by hand and tighten these, and you may just save yourself a lot of heartache. If you need pics, I can get some for you later today.

Beautiful truck, by the way.