Fishing... '86 Comanche X, Factory Turbo Diesel Wi/il Border

Automan2164

Been thinking of starting another MJ project... I am sure you guys know about my truck. Short list:

1986 Jeep Comanche X

2.1L Renault Turbo Diesel 150K

5 Speed - 4X4 - 4.10's

Southern Vehicle - Minimal rust. Rust free by Midwest standards.

New Injection pump

Radiator Repaired and leak tested

Resealed vacuum pump

Repaired leaky dipstick tube

New alternator

New timing kit

Valve cover resealed, all valves checked and inspected while open - checked head torque - ok

Oil changed

Transmission serviced

Transfercase serviced

Rear end serviced

Coolant Flush

New thermostat

All belts replaced

New fuel filter

New rear brakes

New axle seal / bearing on passenger side

Replaced passenger wing window

Complete new interior / dash swap out of an XJ where applicable

Replaced thin floor sections with patches, epoxied over welded patches, painted entire floor

New headliner

New windshield

New track bar bushing

Factory cargo light

Factory Bed mat

Factory Rear slider

Factory A/C Diesel

Factory P/W P/L

Tool box

Runs/Drives great. Not a highway runner for sure. Gets a constant 29-30 MPG just running around town. Those 4.10's make me nervous whining out the engine at anything more than 65. I've gone through it as well as the only other unofficial diesel MJ enthusiast, opsled. Very clean for its age. A looker for sure. Turns heads at car shows, and lights up the eyes of Jeep enthusiasts. Shifts great, feels good. Factory AMC AM/FM radio. Shows the wear of your average 26 year old truck. Has bumps and bruises, scratches and scrapes. At some point the drivers door was forced past it's stop, and met the fender. It's a little tweaked, but still worked. Any parts removed except the dash have been saved and go with the truck, IE original seats, door panels, headliner board... All receipts and boxes kept for parts. Meticulous pictures and records kept of repairs and improvements.

I've collected numerous items that would go with the truck. Factory diesel training manuals, factory service manuals, diesel supplements, NOS turbo diesel badges, AMC/Renault turbo diesel Laserdisc traning video... etc.

427135_419625441408282_219464077_n.jpg

599877_390721354298691_2004156035_n.jpg

576761_390604454310381_124760250_n.jpg

Asking $7000 OBO. Any inquiries about the truck can be posted here, or sent VIA PM.

Rob

Just the hunt... I would most likely be eyeing up the Archer truck, but wanted to really see if A: Anyone would be interested if things fall into place, and B: If the price point is reasonable. I bet I am in the ball park on price, but not a whole lot of interest here... Had one serious PM. Either way, you best believe I would be picky when it comes to a new owner.

Rob

Archived