What are you shooting?

Backdraft

ive only got a few now a S&W 9MM, a beretta bobcat .22 pocket pistol and a no name .22 rifle. if i wasnt about to buy a new trailer for the jeep, following a new truck payment, id have several more....but some things are more important i guess. plus my job has me shooting lots of guns at any given time, so I'm okay with that :D

how do you like the Beretta bobcat .22, i was looking at one while i was at Pass Pro the other day.

love it. for a smaller gun its a lot of fun to pop off and hits the target dead on even if you havent shot it before. it fits in and out of my pocket easy. holds seven in clip with one in chamber. really only shoots one type of ammo flawlessly though. the CCI stingers. most others tend to jam for some reason.

however I'm thinking bass pro is selling the tomcat, not bobcat. which is a .32 acp but still a decent gun and basicly the same size.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My oldest son has a Ruger 10/22 with the plastic 25 round banana mags. There are two type that I'm familiar with. One has red plastic on the top of it. I believe its called "hot lips". The other has metal in place of the plastic. If you can, find the metal. He had a clip with the plastic and after it wore down some, it kept double feeding, jamming the rifle, etc. I know you didnt specifically ask me, its just my .02

It's cool that you answered Mike. I just asked the other guy cause he had a picture of one, so I know he is an owner. The ones I see at Gander Mountain are the style that have the metal top and ramps.

How do you like those plastic magazines??? I can't seem to find any reviews other than they are the best thing ever.. or they are the worst thing ever.

Honestly I can't answer your question, I have not shot the 10/22 yet. I can't remember the brand name off the top of mY head but the mag does have the metal at the top, my buddy says he loves them. From what I have read and talked with people the Ruger factory mags work the best but also cost the most.

• 6 months later...

Figured it was about time for this, so I got a couple of guns:

Couple of cheapo impact guns:

IMG_0625.jpg

IMG_0626.jpg

But I needed something better so I got this guy:

IMG_0627.jpg

But of course everyone needs a heat gun to remove all sorts of junk off of other junk:

IMG_0628.jpg

This is my main paint gun, devilbiss HVLP:

IMG_0630.jpg

And a devilbiss touchup gun:

IMG_0631.jpg

A Sheridan Model EB 20 cal pellet gun(circa 1985):

IMG_0632.jpg

Sheridan Knocabout .22 single shot(circa 1953-1959):

IMG_0633.jpg

IMG_0635.jpg

You have to be careful because if you forget to engage the safety before loading the next round the firing pin is down and during loading you could potentially fire a round.:bangtard:

LRB arms ar-15 lower(circa 2011), build in progress:

IMG_0638.jpg

IMG_0639.jpg

Inland M1 Carbine:

IMG_0640.jpg

Later style adjustable sight:

IMG_0641.jpg

IMG_0642.jpg

IMG_0647.jpg

Serial number dates it between may 1942(starting with #9) and september of 1943(with #999,999).

Barrel date 10-43:

IMG_0650.jpg

Trimble stock:

IMG_0643.jpg

Armory rebuild "P" mark:

IMG_0644.jpg

Armory rebuild flip style safety:

IMG_0645.jpg

IMG_0646.jpg

Rearmored band with bayonet lug:

IMG_0648.jpg

Highwood stock:

IMG_0649.jpg

IMG_0651.jpg

IMG_0652.jpg

IMG_0653.jpg

Used to be into it - No so much anymore - Mostly just a day spent with an oil cloth every 6 mo or so - Anyway . . .

Favorite handguns

S&W 617 66 & 629 All 4" WO RR TS TH TT - - AMT LIGHTNING 6" tapered - - - Seldom shoot the Smiths - - The AMT is my plinker

Favorite rifles

Browning T-Bolt T2 - - - Remington 541T - - - Mostly for showing off - - - T2 is stock - - 541 has a Leupold 6X

For squirrels - Browning Auto22 22 short only - - Plinker - AMT 25/22 fullstock with stainless Burris scope/rings

For deer - Winchester 70XTR 6.5X55 Leupold 3X9

Favorite Shotguns

Remington 1100 BDL .410 - - Another mostly show off

For rabbit/squirrel - - Browning BPS 20Ga 24" with tubes

Winchester 97 12Ga - Takedown - Mfg 1931 - bought used by my dad in '34 - Only gun he ever owned

Hall closet - Marlin 1894C 357 with Williams foolproof - Used mostly for groundhog control & copperheads with a shot shell but has dispatched 3 armadillos in past 18 mo - can't believe they've made it this far north

I'm more of a Garand guy, Sam, but that M1 looks fun.

Could have used an impact or two this weekend working on my ZR2. :P

Mine are all black and tactical, with the exception of a 1941 Targetmaster and an Ishapore Enfield .308. Oh, and the Kel Tec P3AT whose black paint is flaking.

My primary carry pistol is the 92FS, Its got a few mods to it. Grips, hammer spring, trigger and buffer springs, padded buffer rod, adj trigger, hammer, and tritium sights.

I also really like my Kel-Tec 380.

8282865361_6b7be087be_z.jpg

Arma-lite AR-15

8283910026_65ba84fa90_z.jpg

Top to bottom, my first gun a Mossberg 500, I saved up my paper route money when I was 11 and dad bought it for me. The same AR, a Marlin model 795 which is going to be my son's Christmas present, then the kid's assorted pellet guns.

8282893241_61b555a246_z.jpg

They're good to have, but mine are kinda old. If you get some, check the manufacture date cause they'll only stay bright for a few years, then they start to dim. The half life of Tritium is around 10 years or so. I actually need knew ones. In a defense situation you may not have time to use the sights but the tritium at least assists in quickly aligning the front sight post on center mass in low light conditions. If you get some I'd recommend Trijicon but I'm sure there's some other manufactures with good products.

The tritium hands and numbers on my Marathon watch are getting dim too, its 5 years old. But when it new it was bright enough to illuminate and read a book at night .

Good to know. The tritium tubes on my luminox are still bright as can be, but its just over a year old. With the sights, I agree, I don't think I'd have time to line up for a perfect shot. But it'd be nice to get on target in low light.

I'm more of a Garand guy, Sam, but that M1 looks fun.

Could have used an impact or two this weekend working on my ZR2. :P

Mine are all black and tactical, with the exception of a 1941 Targetmaster and an Ishapore Enfield .308. Oh, and the Kel Tec P3AT whose black paint is flaking.

I would like to do something like this next:

ZfTyh.jpg

ZfTyh.jpg

:drool: i would be happy with a M1 Garand, they are a lot of fun to shoot. My friend keeps saying to get a M1A, it uses a similar gas system as the Garand and has a box mag.. but my favorite thing about the garand is after you shoot the last round the clip makes a cool sound when it ejects lol

Sam, love the carbine and all those little spots of wear on it. I'm a junkie for old military stuff, I'd rather have an old dinged up M1 or carbine than some new super zoot AR..

I haven't gotten to go shoot it yet, it was my grandpas, he bought it in the 50's postwar and had it since, after he died this summer I inherited that, the pellet gun, and the little single shot .22. My uncle got his old shotgun, and my Aunt got his Japanese rifle. The Japanese rifle he took back as a war prize from the pacific. He was a Marine so I think that explains his affinity for the Carbine.

It got a good cleaning but I need to oil it a bit and then send some rounds through it.

:drool: i would be happy with a M1 Garand, they are a lot of fun to shoot. My friend keeps saying to get a M1A, it uses a similar gas system as the Garand and has a box mag.. but my favorite thing about the garand is after you shoot the last round the clip makes a cool sound when it ejects lol

The CMP sells reimported M1 Garands, comes in a case, shipped to your door, different grades available. Would be neat to pickup one I wouldn't mind modifying a bit, refinish the wood nice like that(or new repo stock) add a scope etc.

ZfTyh.jpg

Interesting scope set up. That Amega rail setup is exactly why I want a scout Garand. Extended eye relief scope for heads up shots on moose and caribou in brush heavy AK. This is what I'm leaning towards:

mTeyt.jpg

or synthetic

WcUia.jpg

Edit: I think I found that guys setup after he got a low mount scope:

zkynV.jpg

Hotness.

I haven't gotten to go shoot it yet, it was my grandpas, he bought it in the 50's postwar and had it since, after he died this summer I inherited that, the pellet gun, and the little single shot .22. My uncle got his old shotgun, and my Aunt got his Japanese rifle. The Japanese rifle he took back as a war prize from the pacific. He was a Marine so I think that explains his affinity for the Carbine.

It got a good cleaning but I need to oil it a bit and then send some rounds through it.

An Arisaka Type 99 really isn't that rare if you really want one. Even finding a full crysanthemum rifle isn't all that hard if you really want one. It won't have the family sentinment attached to it. but its an idea if you want one.

The CMP sells reimported M1 Garands, comes in a case, shipped to your door, different grades available. Would be neat to pickup one I wouldn't mind modifying a bit, refinish the wood nice like that(or new repo stock) add a scope etc.

How bad are prices getting?? Last I looked they were getting around $500 for even rack grades and the entire having to join a CMP affiliated club nonsense involved.

no where near as impressive as most of you guys, but I have a fairl collection. 1943 russian production m98/30 mosin nagant, WWII british production (unfortunetly sportorized) lee-enfield 303 smle mkIII, henry golden boy .22 lever action, new england firearms 12 gauge single shot break action.

my next purchase is going to be a sig suar SP2022, I have never shot one but I have shot a sig 10 cal. and a sig sauer .270 deer rifle w/ synthetic stock so I am hoping the sp2022 in .45 is just as good a weapon. on the .270, it is marked on case and stco as SIG SAUER, not just sauer or j.p. sauer, really wierd and it makes finding extras clips difficult.

Winchester pump 12 ga. 18" barrel, 2 1/2" chamber, pistol grip handle, 6 in the mag. one in the chamber. Big Bertha is for home/camp defense only. Not for hunting!! My buddy loads his own and does some custom loads for me, like the rock salt loads. I usually load it with .00 buckshot or 1 oz. rifled slugs. I also load it with a home defense load. First shell is rock salt, 2 and 3 are magnum turkey loads, 4, 5 and 6 are .00 buck or the slugs.

S&W .40 auto 10 cap mag. MyCCW gun...IF I'm packing, which I rarely do. If I'm hiking in back country, I open carry this legally and use a "snake load". First two shells are 150 grain snake shot, the rest are 180 grain hollow points. Extra clip all hollow points.

Ruger .44 mag. revolver - Just for fun!!

Ruger .22 revolver with regular and magnum cylinders. - bedside gun with magnums.

circa 1960 - Winchester .22 single shot target/varmint rifle. I use super shorts home-made hollow points on my property for plinking and certain varmints (skunks). They go in...but they don't come out. That gun is dead accurate.

My wife's piece is a .40 Sig Sauer - she went from a total noob to a dead shot in about 2 months of shooting at the range and in the woods. It fits nicely in her purse.

...AND a Daisy Red Ryder BB gun. Oh, I almost forgot the spud gun - 1 1/2" x 3 foot barrel with a 10" fuel chamber and electric trigger