Flare options??

Hey can you guys put up some pics of your Flares and what kind they are for me?

No hurry, i just want to see the options i got out there.

I'm getting my bed back on friday painted.....pretty excited.

i really like the og flares but i don't really know whats out there

I'm running 30 X 9.5 X r15 bfgs with 2" wheel spacers on the rear

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks! jamminz.gif

Paul

Oh those...the ones made by Jeep...stock.

I put TJ flares on my XJ...I wouldn't do it again. Once done, you can't go back, too much cutting, welding and fitting involved.

They work great, look decent and give me LOTS of room in the wells...they do look out of place though. If I was to go with any other flares besides stock, I'd bite the $$$ bullet and get Bushwhackers.

• 11 months later...

Flat Style Bush Wackers for the MJ? I thought they only had them for the XJ. Or do the XJ's fit on the MJ?

Thanks.

They say their flats fit both two door and 4 door.   Therefore if they claim the Cutout flares fit the two door and the MJ you could assume you could get the flats to fit with out issues.  

And people on here have already done it...  The pictures above are worth 1000 words. 

Aren't aftermarket flares stupid expensive? unless your scoring a deal from a friend or off Craigslist? I've looked into the flares but man to dish out 500$ with shipping for flares I'd rather stick to stock flares. I've seen on here aftermarket ones look stock but look really good but 500$ bucks just hurts I could use that money for other things in the jeep

Flat Style Bush Wackers for the MJ? I thought they only had them for the XJ. Or do the XJ's fit on the MJ?

Thanks.

They say their flats fit both two door and 4 door.   Therefore if they claim the Cutout flares fit the two door and the MJ you could assume you could get the flats to fit with out issues.  

And people on here have already done it...  The pictures above are worth 1000 words. 

The rear wheel opening is bigger on an MJ then a 2dr Xj, cut out flairs fit both because you are cutting the body to fit a larger flair. The flat flairs are ment to fit a stock wheel opening and will not fit an MJ correctly.

It would be interesting to see what people are doing to make them fit.

I'd even like to see a close up shot of the area that doesn't quite fit right b/c i'm about to pull the trigger on a set of bushwkr's and can't decide which way to go. I'm planning a 31" tire size, and with my 4-1/2" lift i don't think I will have to do any cutting, so a flat flare appeals to me more than the cut out flare.

The regular bushwackers are cut out for the rear (and front) of a 2 door XJ ....and  same on the comanche.

The flat top flares are not cut out for the rear of either application. The flat tops are cut out on the front for both applications no exception...you will need to cut the fender to get them to fit .

bushwacker does not make a direct fit rear flat top flare for a comanche, though they can be made to fit....

there will be a gap at the body line on the back of the rear flare as the opening is bigger on the back of the comanch than a 2 door XJ. IMO the gap is no big deal.

If you look at my build thread "the building of Bucky" you can clearly see what I am talking about...especially in the pasenger side photos showing close-ups on the rear bumper wrap around corners.

once she is back from paint. I intend to use spray on bed liner material on th lower body line, the bumpers andthe bushwackers. I will be filling that little "gap" and you will not see it.....

If you need me to re-post you some pics to show yyou what I mean I can get to it tonight.... let me know.

Also there are photos showing the front fender trimming that was done after removing the bushwackers for body prep and paint...again, no big deal, just take your time.

I'd even like to see a close up shot of the area that doesn't quite fit right b/c i'm about to pull the trigger on a set of bushwkr's and can't decide which way to go. I'm planning a 31" tire size, and with my 4-1/2" lift i don't think I will have to do any cutting, so a flat flare appeals to me more than the cut out flare.

The regular bushwackers are cut out for the rear (and front) of a 2 door XJ ....and  same on the comanche.

The flat top flares are not cut out for the rear of either application. The flat tops are cut out on the front for both applications no exception...you will need to cut the fender to get them to fit .

bushwacker does not make a direct fit rear flat top flare for a comanche, though they can be made to fit....

there will be a gap at the body line on the back of the rear flare as the opening is bigger on the back of the comanch than a 2 door XJ. IMO the gap is no big deal.

If you look at my build thread "the building of Bucky" you can clearly see what I am talking about...especially in the pasenger side photos showing close-ups on the rear bumper wrap around corners.

once she is back from paint. I intend to use spray on bed liner material on th lower body line, the bumpers andthe bushwackers. I will be filling that little "gap" and you will not see it.....

If you need me to re-post you some pics to show yyou what I mean I can get to it tonight.... let me know.

Also there are photos showing the front fender trimming that was done after removing the bushwackers for body prep and paint...again, no big deal, just take your time.

Thanks for clarifying that about the front flares. I didn't remember the fronts needed cutting, but now that you mentioned it, I do remember seeing that in the instructions I read many months ago.  I will go and look at your build. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.