MJ is getting close

So I picked up the MJ last week and over the few days I got some things done. Interior stripped out and scrubbed. Installed kick panel, ash tray, cigarette lighter lights. Guage cluster swap. I have an XJ dome light with map lights and a comp/temp rear view mirror still needing to be wired in. I hope to have it on the road next week. I have new bilstein shocks ready to be installed. I am looking for a nice factory rear step bumper and a few other odds and ends to put on. The floors have "rot" but nothing bad. I plan on putting the new floor pans in this summer. The drivers door has a spot where it was toutched up. The pass fender is bubbeling pretty bad. Above the flaires has a few bubbles starting to show. Tailgate has rust on bottom lip and in the back where the weld is. In a few years I plan on restoring the MJ before it gets too bad but for now its just gonna be patched and driven daily. I also need to figure out where a vacume leak is coming from and making a whistle. Here is a few pics of the progress so far...

I am happy with how the seats came out. :banana: They were filthy but in good shape. The drivers seat has some color left in a few of the seams, just needs a little more scrubbin in those areas. Not bad for cleaning them after work in the dark...carpet too! Soap and water and a scrub brush, then sprayed them down with spray and wash and scrubbed some more. Works good (even on coffee stains)! :clapping:

Thanks fellas, When I saw this I knew I had to have it! What gearing is everyone running with a 4.0 5 speed? It has stock gearing now and I think id like to jump up to 3:55 or 3:73. I have 4:10's in my YJ with 32's and I don't think I need that much gearing for a DD that will see alot of highway miles. Stock gearing shouldnt be too bad, I'm just curious. Looking into a MJ 44 or a 8.8 and a non disconnect 30. I just want a little extra help with hills but still comfortable running highway speeds and not running too high of a RPM and chugging gas.

Thanks guys,

Gary

That is a great find and welcome to the club. Glad to see other comanche owners not willing to give up their topper. I wouldn't have believed it had any rust unless you posted pics, that is in amazing shape for the original paint job. Keep the pics coming.

Buck.