Empty yard

jimoshel

Or at least not as many as yesterday. Some of you might remember a couple months ago me worrying about what would happen to my MJ'S when I took the big one. GF plainly stated that she call a portable crusher in and clean the yard. Threats of coming back and haunting her didn't faze her. For the last month I've been negotiating with a auction outfit down near Phoenix. They specialize in collector car auctions and have a facility where they clean them up and do any repairs needed to bring a better price. Seems business has been a little slow and they were looking for some way to keep the guys in the shop busy. Long story short. Last night a mobile parking lot and a box truck showed up. About an hour ago they left, taking with them 8 MJ'S, 1 '46 CJ2, 2001WJ, '48 Triumph 650, '52 Ariel square 4 and a bunch of parts. Only been gone an hour and I miss them already. Wiping away a tear. Altho my pain is eased somewhat by a nice check. :cry:

Ouch, that hurts. Wish they were bringing the 8 MJ's to me.

I'd settle for just a tailgate :oops:

Come get it, it's yours.Red or White?

No, he faced the reality that if he didn't deal with them on his own terms now someone else was going to deal with them on their terms later.

Bingo! Actualy it's not completely empty. Still got 8 MJ'S and a bunch of XJ'S and and ZJ'S. Also found another MJ. Going down Sat and look at it. What in H*ll is it about collecting things?

Got any details about where and when the auction will be Jim?

Got any long bed auto trans MJ's you wanna sell? I kinda want a 2wd......

Keep me in mind if you wanna liquidate any more MJ's or parts Jim..... I'm in Colorado. :thumbsup:

I asked first!

Glad you're getting things under control,

too many projects can be worse than too few.

And now when you do meet your maker someday,

she'll know the auction guy will bring more $$$ than the car crushing guy.

But just to maintain a healthy balance in your house Jim,

you need to convince her to liquidate 1/2 of whatever it is she collects now.

:cheers:

• 3 weeks later...
Ouch, that hurts. Wish they were bringing the 8 MJ's to me.

I'd settle for just a tailgate :oops:

Come get it, it's yours.Red or White?

Red, actually. But I'm landlocked. The trip out of Alaska in winter can be life threatening.

Thanks for the thought, though.