Headliner adhesive

What headliner adhesive have you guys used with good long-term success?

I see some by big names like 3M, Loctite and Permatex along with some others.

I don't want my headliner sagging in a year.

I have used 3M medium adhesive on my cherokee and it has lasted a year easily. Just make sure to coat it well.

I also use 3m 8090

Whatever you do make sure you get one for headliners,most spray adhesives like 3m super 77 are basically craft glue and can't handle the wieght of the headliner or the heat that the headliner gets exposed to from the sun beating down on the roof.

There is another option ....you can actually paint rather than re-cover the headliner . A low gloss/flat latex sprayed or rolled on for more texture gives a suede-like finish .The bonus is it's washable too :cheers:

I've used 3M #77 on three vehicles now. The XJ I did 4 years ago...still holding. The MJ last year, looks new. I also did my son's Subaru 3 or so years ago...same result. Some of those adhesives are friggin expensive (like $20 a can) which would tend to make someone scrimp on the AMOUNT of adhesive. Make sure you buy MORE than you think you'll need and be generous with it. It's not something you can run to the store to buy more half way thru the job. You can always return the stuff you don't use.