Bright sealed beam headlights?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow guys............

5 colors 14g wire, 2 relays, 2 new lamp connectors, tape, heat shrink, solder........and 2 brain cells..........$40 and 4 hours make-up to install complete is all it cost me.

That's great, but I only have one brain cell left. Honestly, I know they're easy to make. But I really don't have the time nor do I have the interest to build one.

Wow guys............

5 colors 14g wire, 2 relays, 2 new lamp connectors, tape, heat shrink, solder........and 2 brain cells..........$40 and 4 hours make-up to install complete is all it cost me.

That's great, but I only have one brain cell left. Honestly, I know they're easy to make. But I really don't have the time nor do I have the interest to build one.

4 hours of my time and $40 worth of my money is worth way more to me than $40 spent on a Putco harness, which by the way, I've installed 3 of with absolutely no problems. I am perfectly capable of building a harness. I have everything out in the garage to do it. Wouldn't even need to go to the store. "Add to cart" works for me.

From the reviews I've read on various car enthusiast forums, the Putco harnesses come with cheap relays and so-so connectors at the bulb. It seems like the relays will eventually need to be replaced and the connectors can be altered a bit to work fine.

I'll likely build my own harnesses and I'll post up the components I used when I do so. I'm down to my last brain cell, though, so I need to find that first before I do anything as I've heard that's another requirement of building harnesses.

• 2 weeks later...

Image Not Found

As I stated earlier in this thread I made up my own harness upgrade. I tried the Silverstars and was THOROUGHLY unimpressed so I returned them and got my $49 back.

I ordered the Autopals as pictured above and I've fairly happy with them, at least now I have bulb options. I ordered the 55/100 bulbs and he sent me 90/100s which I have not used yet, the housings came with the 55/60 and I left them in.

Ya I'd say they are worth the $45 shipped. The only thing I had to do was bend the tabs on the mount ring and drill new holes to get the housing to fit tightly.....no big deal.

• 5 months later...
Image Not Found

As I stated earlier in this thread I made up my own harness upgrade. I tried the Silverstars and was THOROUGHLY unimpressed so I returned them and got my $49 back.

I ordered the Autopals as pictured above and I've fairly happy with them, at least now I have bulb options. I ordered the 55/100 bulbs and he sent me 90/100s which I have not used yet, the housings came with the 55/60 and I left them in.

Ya I'd say they are worth the $45 shipped. The only thing I had to do was bend the tabs on the mount ring and drill new holes to get the housing to fit tightly.....no big deal.

are the autopals glass lenses?

Image Not Found

Mine are.

Image Not Found

Mine are.

Would you be willing to take a night shot of the light cast with those clear lenses? I'm wanting to see the dispersment of light.

anyone with a set of the autopals with "ecode" have a picture?

anyone with a set of hella or IPF housings willing to do the same...

I'm about to place an order for a bunch of parts and they sell IPF, but if the autopals are equivalent might as well save $40.

I do realize that different bulbs would make a difference in the light, but i'm looking at pattern alone and the cut off.

I'm sure we'd all love it if someone had a housing from each company and used the same bulb in each on the same vehicle and had pictures comparing each.

I have a set of the Delta housings with 130/100watt narva motorcycle bulbs and the putco harness. It's an amazing setup. They have great cut off and are ungodly bright. I only get flashed every once in a while and its usually by little ricers with blue HIDs. Spent a little more than I should have on it all, $190, but I'm very impressed.

page 9 on viewtopic.php?f=7&t=31364&p=355318#p355318 has the IPF headlights i put in with just 55/60 antidisestablishmentarianism silverstars. the light cutoff is great, just thinking of upgrading the harness and maybe a bit brighter bulb down the road. once i adjusted them better the lighting was improved. got a decent deal from Rob at 4wd.com, if you get set up for the Comanche Clud discount you get like 10% off and at the end of the year they cut a check to Pete.

page 9 on viewtopic.php?f=7&t=31364&p=355318#p355318 has the IPF headlights i put in with just 55/60 antidisestablishmentarianism silverstars. the light cutoff is great, just thinking of upgrading the harness and maybe a bit brighter bulb down the road. once i adjusted them better the lighting was improved. got a decent deal from Rob at 4wd.com, if you get set up for the Comanche Clud discount you get like 10% off and at the end of the year they cut a check to Pete.

I just sent my info over to get set up. :)