88 Comanche Chief - 'the UniTruggy'

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

what kind of steering setup are you running? looks like stock 1 ton? any plans for high steer, hyrdo assist or full hyrdo? I'm curious because I'm soon ready to order steering stuff for 1 ton project, i have hyrdo assist already, but i also have parts for full hyrdo and hi steer...

what kind of steering setup are you running? looks like stock 1 ton? any plans for high steer, hyrdo assist or full hyrdo? I'm curious because I'm soon ready to order steering stuff for 1 ton project, i have hyrdo assist already, but i also have parts for full hyrdo and hi steer...

yup, 60/14. stock steering for now; the ford stuff bolted right up surprisingly. Gonna upgrade to the ruffstuff 7/8ths heim system pretty soon, along with their high steer arms, and hydro assist is down the road.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

totally forgot about this thread until just now. Been on numerous local trips over the past few months without much drama. yesterday we (local wheeling club) did a trail up to Jacob City, which is an old minig town about an hour outside Salt Lake City. Lots of elevation change, a bit of history, and some nice scenic wheeling. Got kinda tight in spots, and most rigs ended up with some 'rocky mountain pin-striping', but other than a flat tire on the way out (mostly bald BFG AT), it was a great day.

parked down at Jacob City, not much left, and i forgot to take pictures of the cool stuff.

heading up

these next two pictures were taken in the same spot, from slightly different angles. Thsi spot can barely be seen in the first picture; look for a faint line across the open slope above the cloud shadow. thats the trail.

the switchbacks we came up can be seen just over the bed of the truck

we found a bus! it was dragged up in the way-back-whens as a hunting shelter. not much left now though

not many changes to the truck itself lately. trimmed the rear quarters and removed the bumper, and trimmed the wheelwells a bit more, and added some 2" spacers so the tires would clear the LCAs, but no other big chages other than that. very happy with how everything is working. Next project will be rocklights, and installing a Novak 231 shifter, which i have not yet purchased, but desperatly need to. Also, the passenger side window is stuck open, but which hasnt been an issue, but will be when the temperature start to drop.

ran Mary Ellen's Gulch yesterday. topped out at 10,364'. very bumpy trail, but the view was well worth it.

mary ellens on the right, mineral basin on the left, snowbird ski resort on the far left.

at the top. we had to 'break the barrier' in order to safely turn around.

can you find the Jeep? (hint: silver JK)

• 2 months later...

just got the chief back from a buddy yesterday, where he was getting grizzly lockers and 5.38s installed, along with a pair of Solid diff covers. who's got two thumbs and is pretty friggin pumped? this guy. heading to Moab for thanksgiving and i cannot wait!

Cool!!

Can't wait for wheeling pics....

You've been holding out on us!!! Lol enjoy

yea i suck at this intarwebz thing, so in no particular order, here are some pics from the past few months

out at 5mile. 

up American Fork canyon.

on the way out to 5mile. 

denied. again.

found another CC member up there, although i can't remember his username for the life of me right now; maybe redcomanche?

and DirtEater strapping his front end back in place after he ripped a LCA off the axle.