Before I go to boot camp...

Good on ya for your service.

I'd vote for save your pennies while you're in, and build a killer MJ when you get out. Buying $600 worth of disposable (i.e. you don't plan on keeping it) lift seems like a waste, but to each his own. If all you want is to drive a lifted MJ, I bet any number of members, would rent you their truck for an hour. :D

:USAflag:

If you are wanting cheap, why not do SOA and some used 4" coils and spacers up front. Grab shocks and brake lines. Notch the LCA mount and pick up a trackbar. Total cost could be well under 600 and you wouldn't have to replace everything when you get back to the truck.

:USAflag:

If you are wanting cheap, why not do SOA and some used 4" coils and spacers up front. Grab shocks and brake lines. Notch the LCA mount and pick up a trackbar. Total cost could be well under 600 and you wouldn't have to replace everything when you get back to the truck.

I might do this.

Where can I find separate parts like that?

I might do this.

Most all suspension manufactures sell components individually. Any retailer should be able to get what you want. I would recomend searching for used parts in forum classifieds and on craigslist. Most of the time a high quality used part is cheaper than a new 'cheap' part.

If buying new individual components I usually shop at www.northridge4x4.com Dave has always done me right. Most of the stuff on his site is listed for a TJ. But remember a lot of TJ/ZJ/MJ/XJ parts are the same. Just research it.

I might do this.

Most all suspension manufactures sell components individually. Any retailer should be able to get what you want. I would recomend searching for used parts in forum classifieds and on craigslist. Most of the time a high quality used part is cheaper than a new 'cheap' part.

If buying new individual components I usually shop at http://www.northridge4x4.com Dave has always done me right. Most of the stuff on his site is listed for a TJ. But remember a lot of TJ/ZJ/MJ/XJ parts are the same. Just research it.

I went to MotionOffroad.com and I found everything you listed... I don't know if its the cheapest..

the thing about Motion is they jew you hard on some stuff but not on others. i don't know what all parts exactly but i know i won't be buying my spartan locker from them thats for sure. i think i got procomp 1.25 coil spacers for 30 bucks on summit or jegs. pick an item you want and search for it with yahoo, google whatever. youll find out what a base price is real quick

the thing about Motion is they jew you hard on some stuff but not on others. i don't know what all parts exactly but i know i won't be buying my spartan locker from them thats for sure.

If you find a better price on the Spartan Locker than we have it listed the company is in breach of their contract with Yukon. We have it listed at MAP; so you shouldn't find a better price anywhere on it. If you consider that "jewing" that's fine; however we honor our manufactures MAP policy and will continue to honor their request and abide by our contracts with them.

I personally would wait rather than do it wrong. I know the desire to get it up in the air is strong :yes: , but I don't think you'll like the results.

:agree:

But, I think he could get a good start on lifting it before not getting to drive it it for a year. Not to mention 6" is really approaching long arm territory. I figure get good springs, shocks, brake lines and trackbar in there and the control arms (or long arms...) could come after boot camp without needing to replace/remove preciously purchased parts. Unless he went with something like a 3 link up front.

the thing about Motion is they jew you hard on some stuff but not on others. i don't know what all parts exactly but i know i won't be buying my spartan locker from them thats for sure.

If you find a better price on the Spartan Locker than we have it listed the company is in breach of their contract with Yukon. We have it listed at MAP; so you shouldn't find a better price anywhere on it. If you consider that "jewing" that's fine; however we honor our manufactures MAP policy and will continue to honor their request and abide by our contracts with them.

first off. glad you posted up. wondered if you would. like i said before, just search yahoo, google, whatever and youll see several places that sell the dana 30 spartan locker for at least thirty bucks cheaper then you. i don't know if those places make up the difference with shipping or how that works but I'm looking to save.

Depending on your rate you will be spending the first 6 months in the training pipeline. I would and did wait till after boot camp to do anything. You will have some money in your pocket to do it right as well as the base auto hobby shop. The hobby shop has bays, tools and staff to help you with about everything you can think of.

Which service? You won't see that truck or do a damn thing to it, for the next year.

Navy...

Recruit basic training is normally called boot camp in the USN or the USMC. Glad to see you made the right decision. :thumbsup: Got any idea which career field you'll be going into?

Recruit basic training is normally called boot camp in the USN or the USMC. Glad to see you made the right decision. :thumbsup: Got any idea which career field you'll be going into?

Not all are cut out for the Men's Department portion of the Navy.

:clapping:

On a serious note.

Best of luck to the OP on your future endeavors!

Semper Fi!

I've got 31s on stock Jeep rims under my stock 90 with only minor rubbing on the lower control arms. Fixed that with some WJ arms.

I had a set of black ""D window" idk if thats the right name"" rims on my first MJ. When it got totaled, the front passenger rim was bent in half!

I kept the 3 good rims and traded my friend 4 new BFG ATs. He said he'll by me 1 new black rim to go with the 3 I already have...

I think they are 15x8s maybe... They should have more back spacing than stock rims.

aftermarket rims have less backspacing (5.25" is stock, 4" is a typical aftermarket) and stick the tires out more. :thumbsup:

personally I would stick with jeep rims with 30s or 31s and stock height, and then put out some bucks for a pair of spidertrax wheel spacers for the rear so the rear tires will visually match the fronts. (the rear of an MJ is wider than the front which is why the rear tires tuck in so much). but to each his own. :D