Offroad Fab company interested in MJ's.

Automan2164

Hey guys. Need some help. I need pictures. Can you send my the best hi-res pictures you can get of the rear section of the frame were the bumper mounts. Stock and especially after market bumpers. It would be nice to see what the other guys did. Thanks. You can email them to my email aresfab@gmail.com.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see you've already been here, but I will repost your email to me for the guys anyway!

Hi Rob I would have called but I have forgot the number. The project is going well. Would go much faster if you just gave me my own personal MJ. LOL I have been working with Sean (comanche12). Soon the side rails should be done. And I have found the trailer hitch stock that everyone wants. One steel mill in all of North America makes it. If not cheep but it is right. I used to use the 3/16 stuff but stopped because it was to loose. It funny you can buy hitch tube at some places and that is what they give you. Then I started using 1/4" stuff. Fit was tight and I had to grind the weld down on the inside. This new stuff is great. Pricey like I said but great. It come already ground down on the inside and is .238 wall Tube. Wait to you see it. Do you have access to a Jeep with the JCR rear bumper on it? I am curious on haw they did there rear mount. I will put something on the forum too. I need lots of pictures. My fear is that I will make a bumper that will only fit Sean's Jeep. Great for Sean not so much for everyone else. There were some holes in the frame on his that was not sure if they were factory on from a previous owner.

Thanks,

James

I'm pretty sure that's not a stock rear bumper.. I have seen many stock rears, and none of them looked like that.. I have seen a lot of bumpers just like yours, I even have one on my 88. The little Toyota trucks at work have them too. I might be wrong..

I can get pics and any measurements needed from original factory swb and lwb bumper mounts. I just got through pulling them off of the two bumpers I have to get one of the bumpers straight to put back on the manche. I'm going to be stripping them down today and repainting them so let me know if interested.

This is the only picture I have that shows the rear of the frame

Those are Fey brackets with a Fey step bumper.

I stand corrected, I bought the truck just how you see it in the pic, the guy told me it was stock. Oh well. I saved the brackets so I could.copy them in the future

I am interested in front bumper w/d ring shackles, rear bumper w/d ring shackles , and short bed roll bar eventually.

(Reason I say eventually is wifey is getting annoyed with my MJ restoration and I have to pick my battles so I can keep it going!!)

Here is his ebay store. The front bumper looks great!

http://stores.ebay.com/Ares-Fab

Can't really tell. There's no photos of the bumpers on a XJ/MJ... Just because it looks good sitting on concrete doesn't mean it'll look good once all bolted up.

What are you talking about? Look on XJ bumper and he has pics of it on the vehicle.

Pictures of the front bumper with the guards would be great and for an old style too. They look pretty nice but I would like more pictures too. It may look nice on the '97 and newer but it may not with the older trucks.

Oh, I just pulled his eBay store up and didn't see any for MJ's

We started his MJ thing. He didn't even think about MJ stuff until I called him, and he got excited. On the local CL, he now lists Comanche alongside all the XJ bumper listings. He probably just hasn't had a chance to change the listing titles on ebay.

Rob

LWB mounts

SWB mounts

My 87 lwb had a factory step bumper with what you identified as swb mounts. 4 bolts in the side, one on the bottom and the "bubble" in the side bracket.

Just removed it yesterday. Bumper had rotted away inside, and so the bit that was left of the outside was just an empty shell held in place by the trailer hitch. Bottom of driver side bracket ripped apart, passenger side bracket in decent shape for 24 years old.

Don't count me out yet. Rob is right. I am very busy. I am working on the rear bumper and side rails. I could have made a rear bumper and side rails faster but I am also making fixtures to fit all MJ's not just one MJ. You would be surprised how far off Jeep frame jigs can get. Some time ago I was making a jig for a YJ rear and after measuring over a dozen YJ's found measurements as far as 7/8" off from the average. I have been working with a few members trying to get as many dimensions as I can. FYI I need more. I need to find the average. What if I were to make a jig off one MJ and that one is way off, for what ever reason. Who would that help? One person. I am tring to make these for all Comanches. ANd I have to say that so far everyone has been so helpful. The members here are top notch. I am selling MJ front bumpers on ebay. Yes this is just my XJ bumpers relabeled as a MJ bumper. I am working hard to produce products for the market. This is something that I do not trust to anyone else but myself. I humbly ask for your patients. Please feel free to call PM or email me anytime. I alway make time to talk to people.

Thanks

James

Ares Fabrication