Offroad Fab company interested in MJ's.

Automan2164

Well, after seeing some local ads the Chicago CL for some Jeep bumpers and sliders, I decided to shoot the guy an email, to see if he would be interested in picking up where JCR Offroad left off. Here's what I sent:

Just curious if you would be interested in picking up some of the MJ Comanche market. JCR offroad was making rails, bumpers, and some other stuff for us, but recently pulled out. I know of a few local members, and some across the country, who would be interested in some shortbed and longbed rock rails, and rear bumpers. I keep seeing the stuff you have out for XJ's, and it looks pretty stout. I would love to see what you could brew up for the Comanche.

Here is a link to a for sale thread where someone had put on the JCR sliders and bumpers on his MJ project. You'll have to scroll down to see the pictures. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8740&start=75

Thanks,

Rob - Moderator, http://www.ComancheClub.com

And here is what I got back:

It seems that the Comanche market is a small forgotten market. That is why JCR pulled out I bet. I love helping Jeepers who love there Jeeps. No matter what kind they have. I would love to talk with you more about this. I have been looking for a Comanche to work on. To introduce new product to. This just made my day. Can you call or email me back so we can get the ball rolling on this.

Thanks

James

I just got off the phone with him, and he's very interested. He's been welding for about 17 years, and after working on Harleys, he took a break, and realized he wanted to get into Jeeps. He's had jeeps since he was 16, and currently has a bunch of CJ's, and a DD TJ. He started in CJ's and Wranglers, then word of his work spread to the XJ crowd. He's a one man show, who sometimes hires on some students from the local welding courses.

I told him some stuff we might want, like rock rails and rear bumpers. He asked if anyone was making armor, and said he'd like to look into that, as he's still working on some XJ stuff he's going to release soon. I also told him there might be some interest if he could remake the factory rollbars, and he said he'd be interested, as long as he could make them stronger that what they were.

Anyway, here are some links to some of this CL ads to see what he makes:

3n33m33lf5Q65P55R4b3bd763c992369b1903.jpg

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/pts/2260804047.html

3n03of3l95V65P25S1b3bbc703ec2e0ab1e9e.jpg

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/pts/2260805566.html

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/pts/2260797710.html

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/pts/2260799443.html

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/pts/2260802202.html

I told him I was going to start a thread on here for him. He said to please toss out anything we might want, or like. Beyond that, he said all he needs is a truck to start mocking things up. :brows: Anyone looking for some stuff near Chicago, IL? He's located in the Northwest suburbs. I would be game, but I am using my only running MJ as a DD, and the other is a shell.

Its a shame The Farmer isn't up and running! :(

Rob L.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

where in northwest suburb? what name of this company?

I'm in northwest suburb and he can use my mj once mine is ready to drive :cheers:

Schaumburg.

Rob L.

thanks! thats pretty close to my home and work, can you ask him if he want to use my mj to measure up?

I'm in northwest suburb and he can use my mj once mine is ready to drive :cheers:

Schaumburg.

Rob L.

thanks! thats pretty close to my home and work, can you ask him if he want to use my mj to measure up?

I am sure he would. I sent him the link to this thread, I'm going to wait to see if he pops up to answer any questions.

Rob L.

Schaumburg.

Rob L.

I am sure he would. I sent him the link to this thread, I'm going to wait to see if he pops up to answer any questions.

Rob L.

ok good, i think i have seen those company before somewhere. its called ares fabrication. :dunno: i gotta see it again.

Hello Jeepers

This is James with Ares Fabrication. I am very pleased to see the response to my interest in building MJ parts. My fab shop is located in Schaumburg, IL. Near Wise and Roselle Road. If anyone is near by that would like to help, let me know. Looking forward to working with you all. You can call or email me anytime. Let me know what's up. Also what parts do you guys want.

Thanks,

James

aresfab@gmail.com

Ares Fabrication

I would buy a set of sliders for a long bed truck in a heart beat if they tucked up close to the body and came out 1-2" past the rocker. A rear bumper that extends the full width of the bed and curves to protect the corners would be awesome as well, though I am MOST interested in sliders.

Explain to me what you mean about this "correct size" with the receiver.

JCR sold bumpers with an integrated hitch to a few members, where the 2" receiver was much too large for a standard drop hitch to safely fit in. It had A LOT of extra play and would rattle.

Hello Jeepers

This is James with Ares Fabrication. I am very pleased to see the response to my interest in building MJ parts. My fab shop is located in Schaumburg, IL. Near Wise and Roselle Road. If anyone is near by that would like to help, let me know. Looking forward to working with you all. You can call or email me anytime. Let me know what's up. Also what parts do you guys want.

Thanks,

James

aresfab@gmail.com

Ares Fabrication

Welcome to Forum and thanks for interesting to make some for us. :cheers: Also I just sent you a email for more info. :thumbsup:

Hello,

My 86 rear bumper is junk. ruster through on the reciever plate and the bumperett ends mounting tabs. I'm looking for a matched set of front and rear bumpers that have a little bit of attitude, don't need loops, recievers etc. Just something plain and simple. More to meet dot in the state than anything. The "But" caviot is it has to pass the "Wife" astetic value as it is her DD!

just let you guys know that James just came stop by and measured the rear bumper and side slider. He told me that he will start make one soon and stuffs.

Nice met you, james. hopefully everything going good so far when make one. also don't forget to ask fellow members like 500MJ that have plenty experiences with bumpers and slider. :thumbsup:

edit: also forget add this, i told him to recommend him to measure the rear quarter to for slider attached to rear bumper just case if someone want add it like me so he did measure it. :thumbsup:

Welcome to Forum and thanks :cheers:

:yes: :cheers:

Thanks for signing up, and giving us a shot. :thumbsup:

+ 1 vote for rear corner guards/tail light close outs-blanks if those are on the list of possibilities.