injectors

yeah I know, but I to lazy to go back in the house, so warmed them a bit with a lighter, (kids do not try this at home, was done by a redneck certified backyard mechanic) so they in and all is back together, looked like 2 injectors were replaced at one point. Wish I had some 5.0 injectors to install but not in this pos engine, couple more months then I can blow it up. :banana:

yeah I know, but I to lazy to go back in the house, so warmed them a bit with a lighter, (kids do not try this at home, was done by a redneck certified backyard mechanic) so they in and all is back together, looked like to injectors were replaced at one point. Wish I had some 5.0 injectors to install but not in this pos engine, couple more months then I can blow it up. :banana:

Do the 5.0 injectors really make that big of a difference?

not really on a stock engine. the idea behind the 5.0 injectors is to deliver more gas, as you have opened it up and have more air going to it as well. I'll be doing a .30 over build with cam on a H.O. motor with bigger throttle body, intake and headers/exhaust, and will be complimenting the combo with 5.0 injectors. stay tuned come spring when I start after the axles are installed. :D

Now, installed new o-rings and still leaking bad, and it was what I expected but was hoping not, the injector itself was leaking, the back 2 on the line. I actually had this same thing happen to me back on my first jeep, 89 Wagoneer, must be a 89 thing, :hmm: , so anyways pulled 2 injectors from the intake off the H.O. I just picked up, slapped it in and no more leaks. :wrench:

So cased closed on this one. not bad for tickering a bit. :thumbsup:

now off to mount winch and groove tire and mount them on their rims as well. :banana:

• 3 weeks later...

I installed a set of used 5.0 stang injectors in my renix 4.0. I notisted it runs a little stronger an idles a lot better. My engine is all stock with just a hollow cat, flowmaster, and the injectors. I only put them in since my buddy had them just sitting around.

I installed a set of used 5.0 stang injectors in my renix 4.0. I notisted it runs a little stronger an idles a lot better. My engine is all stock with just a hollow cat, flowmaster, and the injectors. I only put them in since my buddy had them just sitting around.

Well always good to hear. Glad that they work out for you. :cheers:

• 10 years later...
2 hours ago, fiatslug87 said:

Yes, the OP should be flogged.

:laugh:

On a serious note, for reference, note that most injectors are rated at 3 bar (43.5psi) and not 39psi which is what our stock FPR flows with no vacuum attached or at WOT. 24lb injectors rated at 43.5psi obviously will flow less at 39psi. On my latest build I got some 6 hole 27lb injectors which give me around 24lbs at 39psi. Some Ford injectors are also rated at 39psi but always worth confirming

BEST INJECTORS FOR RENIX

The original Renix injectors made by Siemens-Deka were only “one holers”. That means the fuel was discharged through only one hole.

Not the most efficient design by today’s standards. Modern injectors have at least 4 spray holes for better fuel atomization.

Another issue is the original injectors were prone to leaking fuel at a seam and spraying gas all over hot manifolds. Not good!!

A nice upgrade is to use Volvo injectors. The use of these injectors was pioneered by Programbo from Cherokee Forum when he suggested them to DFlintstone there.  Flintstone was the guinea pig and reported excellent results. I have experienced the same results as have many others. The 746s, as they’re called, have the 4 hole design  and the complete Bosch part number is 0 280 155 746. Volvo injectors

These injectors can be purchased refurbished for not much money and are a direct bolt-in.

WARNING: AVOID THE CHICOM KNOCKOFF INJECTORS!!!

BUY ORIGINAL BOSCH/VOLVO REFURBISHED INJECTORS HERE IN THE USA.

Trevor.skankfootracing@gmail.com