HAPPY TURKEY DAY EVERYBODY!!!

JACKED88

HOPE EVERYBODY HAS A SAFE AND FILLING THANKSGIVING.

PLEASE BE CAREFUL IN EVERYTHING YOU DO ..... ESPECIALLY FRYING YOUR BIRDS AND DRIVING TO GRANDMA'S HOUSE.

We aughta have a fried turkey contest. The prettiest bird gets .... :hmm: .... nothing. :clapping: :banana: :jump:

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone. :cheers: I look forward to the meal each year but this year I can't help but think about spending time off work to get some parts for the 88 I just picked up. I think someday in the near future there is going to have to be a "nervous hospital" constructed to house all of us that suffer from Jeep Comanche Disorder or JCD, as it it known in the medical field. :nuts:

Someday I will try fried turkey. All I have ever had is the basic baked in the oven.

Truth be told, my favorite Thanksgiving food is grandmas mashed potatoes! Yummm.

You have no idea what your missing. I'd take a fried turkey over a baked one any day. Plus it only takes about 45 minutes to fry one verses 4-5 hours in an oven.

There's lots of sites out there on how to do it. You REALLY need to try it. Ask around and see if you can find a friend, relative, neighbor that'll fry one for you. Once you've tried it, this time next year you'll have a cooker and be fryin your own.

Speaking of pies, my wives been in the kitchen all day baking pies. She's baked .... 2 pumpkin, one pecan, one lemon, one cherry, one chocolate, 2 peanut butter fudge, two cheese cakes and a banana trifle.

Now considering the fact I'm diabetic ..... anybody besides me think she's trying to kill my a-ss??? :dunno:

:rotf:

Had ours today as the wife is working Thursday now on Thursday I can work on getting the garage ready to do major surgery to the XJ floors are gone very front to very back(frame still has paint on it though), brake lines are so rusted I can't believe they are not leaking I actually was worried about driving it home, gas tank leaking at the top when its full and many more problems I just found today. If the body was not 100% rust free I might have just parted it out.

Someday I will try fried turkey. All I have ever had is the basic baked in the oven.

We're having both this year. Both have their benefits. As was mentioned before, frying is much faster, but they're also VERY juicy. They're excellent. On the other hand, no one bakes a turkey quite like my (or anyones) Momma!

This is one of those years where you pull either parent aside at different times and say, "Blanks turkey was good, but yours, fantastic!"

Since my wife is from the Philippines, and there's no Thanksgiving there or even turkeys, but she and her sisters (who all live close by) have developed a turkey cooking procedure over time that beats the crap out of our fried/oven conventional methods. In the PI, they cook a young pig whole (called lechon) over a pit fire, slowly cooked and rotated for about three hours. The girls have all embraced our Thanksgiving, and along with the lechon baby pig they also rotate along with it a whole turkey wrapped in banana leaves we grow that kind of steams it in it's own juices and the smoke from the lichon adds more flavor. It's taken a few years for the girls to perfect this process, but dayem, it's by far the best tasting T-bird in the universe, even better than Momma's by far. They stuff the bird before wrapping with PI seasonings like lemon grass and tropical tamarind seasonings. MMMMM good........................

Happy Thanksgiving everybody. :cheers:

I would like to wish one and all a Happy Thanksgiving and the warmest and safest of holiday seasons.

To all my brothers and sisters frighting for our freedoms in foreign lands, so far from their homes. I will bow my head, and say a prayer for them. I'll thank them and ask god watch over them and keep them safe.

Peace,

CW

Since my wife is from the Philippines, and there's no Thanksgiving there or even turkeys, but she and her sisters (who all live close by) have developed a turkey cooking procedure over time that beats the crap out of our fried/oven conventional methods. In the PI, they cook a young pig whole (called lechon) over a pit fire, slowly cooked and rotated for about three hours. The girls have all embraced our Thanksgiving, and along with the lechon baby pig they also rotate along with it a whole turkey wrapped in banana leaves we grow that kind of steams it in it's own juices and the smoke from the lichon adds more flavor. It's taken a few years for the girls to perfect this process, but dayem, it's by far the best tasting T-bird in the universe, even better than Momma's by far. They stuff the bird before wrapping with PI seasonings like lemon grass and tropical tamarind seasonings. MMMMM good........................

Happy Thanksgiving everybody. :cheers:

That Lechon and Turkey recipee sounds tasty. It is similar to how my Filipino friends in Hawaii prepare theirs, only they dig a pit, use lava rocks and add pineapple to what is wrapped in the banana leaves. I once celebrated Thanksgiving with my relatives in Texas and I got to give them gold star, Turkey brined for 24 hours then roasted it on a spit tasted pretty darn good.

However you prepare your Thanksgiving day meal everyone enjoy this day and give thanks for all you have.

:cheers:

Ah, what a great turkey day. I'm so full I can hardly drink another beer. Two traditions on every Thanksgiving are the great turkey dinners with all the fixins, and the Detroit Lions will lose another game. Been like since the Pilgrims. :cheers: Sorry Pete..............