getting to sleep

JeepcoMJ

anyone else here have troubles getting to sleep?

I can never fall asleep at a decent time...I'm wide awake until I crash. I always wake up right at 7:30, reguardless of alarm or not.

I know I'm burning enough energy during the day to be able to sleep, but it's just not workin.

the past 4 days I've set up the laptop with sleep hypnosis videos when i want to go to bed...I don't remember seeing/hearing the end of even a single one, and they're all of 10 minutes. I'm actually sleeping better with this, waking up feeling ALOT better than normal...but I don't want to become dependant on something as stupid as this just to get to sleep for the rest of my life...

Pick up a thick book on a subject that doesn't interest you at all, like a cookbook or encyclopedia volume. It'll knock you out in 5-10 minutes depending on the the book's boredom-proneness scale ranking.

I've tried that... I wake up when the thing falls off my chest and hit's the floor lol.

Melatonin Supplements work great for me.

don't wanna be buying anything to make me sleep for the rest of my life..

i can't sleep this past week and once I do fall asleep I am awakened by a damn owl that camps out by my house. keeps the mice population down but he never shuts up.

ouch. my gun would already be out.

Yeah, that's not how they work. Melatonin is the chemical your brain produces to get you to go to sleep. This is just a supplament of something your body already makes, not a knock-out drug. It does not prevent you from waking up in the morning...

Yeah, that's not how they work. Melatonin is the chemical your brain produces to get you to go to sleep. This is just a supplament of something your body already makes, not a knock-out drug. It does not prevent you from waking up in the morning...

i get that. I still don't want to have to pay for anything that helps. i'd like to get somethin goin that takes the problem entirely away.

i get that. I still don't want to have to pay for anything that helps. i'd like to get somethin goin that takes the problem entirely away.

It's frikin $12 for an 8 month supply. But whatever :shake:

I was that way when I was your age. Most nights I wasn't sure if I actually slept, my mind would race, I'd stay up late, always doing different things. For me, once I mellowed out, settled down a little with a consistent job, consistent routine, and a steady schedule, I sleep like a baby.

The second I'd lay my head on the pillow my mind would run a million miles an hour, thinking about things at work, things at home, things I need to do. If thats whats happening to you, you just have to realize there's not a darn thing you can do about it no (bedtime) and losing sleep over it will make it harder to deal with later. Once I started leaving things where they needed to be left, sleep soon followed.

I was that way when I was your age. Most nights I wasn't sure if I actually slept, my mind would race, I'd stay up late, always doing different things. For me, once I mellowed out, settled down a little with a consistent job, consistent routine, and a steady schedule, I sleep like a baby.

The second I'd lay my head on the pillow my mind would run a million miles an hour, thinking about things at work, things at home, things I need to do. If thats whats happening to you, you just have to realize there's not a darn thing you can do about it no (bedtime) and losing sleep over it will make it harder to deal with later. Once I started leaving things where they needed to be left, sleep soon followed.

that's me to a T.

and, unfortunately, it's the fact that I'm unemployed that's keeping me up, i bet.

posting a pic of some ugly afro-american isn't gonna make me think of sex, let me tell you that...

but yeah. i've exhausted options of local women willing to have sex with me. probably because I'm an a$$hole.

When one of the girls you took out falls asleep in the truck and you leave her out there when its 40 degrees out, yeah, they might think that.

But, then again, you did come on to cc to chat until she woke up and came inside.

Rob L. :shake:

posting a pic of some ugly afro-american isn't gonna make me think of sex, let me tell you that...

but yeah. i've exhausted options of local women willing to have sex with me. probably because I'm an a$$hole.

When one of the girls you took out falls asleep in the truck and you leave her out there when its 40 degrees out, yeah, they might think that.

But, then again, you did come on to cc to chat until she woke up and came inside.

Rob L. :shake:

i tried to wake her up. not my fault :dunno: and I was right....she came in when she got cold haha.

If you can fall asleep from watching a hypnosis video, then consider yourself lucky and stick to it. You have stress related insomnia. I have been diagnosed with chronic insomnia which means there is no underlying cause. I get anywhere from 0 - 4 hours of sleep a night and even if I manage to fall asleep, I wake up after about 15-20 minutes. I spend EVERY night tossing and turning, trying to get what every bit of sleep I can. I have tried every recommended or suggested "cure" and tried Ambien for 4 yrs but quit as the side effects became to much risk. This has been ongoing for about 10 years now and to the best of my recollection, I have not gotten a full night's sleep in over 20 years. Find a way to deal with your stress. Use the video tool and seek medical help if this continues for much longer. Trust me, you do not want your problem to progress into chronic insomnia. Good luck!

i alos had a real hard time falling asleep. I tried a hypnotic beat app i bought on my iphone. It worked for one day but after that I would wake up and my pupils would be HUGE! Then came the weird and scary dreams. I knew it was cause of the beats cause every night I listened to it i had the exact same dream. Freaky stuff right there. I also tried OTC sleeping pills and they gave me the jimmy legs, which was actually worse than not being able to sleep. The thing that works for me is actually pretty simple but it costs some money. Cherry juice. 100% pure cherry juice, the tarter the more powerful. Just drink 1 8oz glass a night and you will sleep normal. I drink 2 or 3 the night before i have the day off from work so I sleep in till 10. I don't know if its like a psychological thing or not but hey it works. I also close my eyes and think of nothing but the color black. Easier said than done, i know what your going through. But i went to the cheapest grocery store in town and found this off brand juice thats a dollar for the half gallon container.

Josh

Since you say my description sounds like yours, my advise is get your head straight. Mellow out. Even if you are high strung all day, and I still am, you gotta wind it down at night, and leave it all wherever it is. Its not easy, but when you feel your mind racing, take a deep breath, calm it down, I even used to count backwards from 100 slowly. It will take time, but once you get your crap together, things will level out, and you will sleep better.