Gas station idiot!

Dirteatr717

Is it just me or does this happen to u guys too? If I goto a full serve gas station(which I rarely do) the gas attendant has no idea how to open the cover and they ask me to "ohen pleez" and I say u have to push the inside so what do they do? They punch the damn thing like it hit them first.... So I get have to get out and push it with 1 finger and then they go ohhhhhhh I sorry I sorry -__- this has happen to me at least 5 times at different gas stations! :fs1:

I don't use full service stations. They charge too much for a simple job I can do myself.

:agree: same here its like 2-3 cents a liter more expensive here for having a guy fill your car up with gas when i can do it myself no prob

Mostly no full serve here either. Is full serve your only option?

If it is not your only option, I must say a sure sign of a psychological problem is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results each time. ;) :roll: :wavey:

CW

Mostly no full serve here either. Is full serve your only option?

If it is not your only option, I must say a sure sign of a psychological problem is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results each time. ;) :roll: :wavey:

CW

There's mostly an even amount where I live and well it's not like my truck looks like itjust came off the production line and has some fancy button to open the gas cover lol

We don't have self-serve here in Oregon. :headpop: It is funny though to go into Washington state and watch cars with Oregon plates pull up to a pump. Drivers usually look at the pumps in awe as if they've never seen one before. :doh:

Not everyone knows everything. I would rather someone ask before they tried to get creative. Perhaps you are projecting some frustration from somewhere else...

Ha you think thats bad? Try going to the pump in a Yj. The guy couldnt grasp the concept you have to fold the licence plate down to get at the tank.

Must be a young feller..... Detroit has been "hiding" them there for fifty years..... :yes: :rotf: :doh:

CW

When I was in Florida, I was filling up the rent a car and gas starts shooting out the tank allover the place. I go in and tell the guy and he says "Yeah, the auto shutoff isnt working on that pump" :fs1: So instead of stopping when the tank was full it just backed up out the filler tube.

So glad we pump our own gas here... though I break the rules and use my gas cap to jam the pump on so I can check my oil level while it's filling.

Um, you don't have the automatic fillers?

nope, like MjPioneer said, in mass they don't work. They have the auto shutoff, and everything but one part for the auto fill is there, they grind down the rivets and remove the strike plate that the auto fill lever rests against. So I hold the trigger down, jam my gas cap in it, and walk off to check my fluid levels...

I don't have the auto fillers around here and I understand why. even the new JKs have a malfunction that causes the automatic stop to fail.

but back to the original topic. I had a friend that had a Cherokee for about 5 years and one day we were standing by his Cherokee and I pushed on the back of the gas lid and flipped it open. he has like "how did you just open that?" and I said "you just press on the back part like this and it opens." and then he explained how every time he filled up he went into his walled and grabbed a credit card and used that to get to the fuel filler.

Maybe the pump jockeys in Oregon are a little above average- I've never had a problem with the attendants getting open the fuel door.

HOWEVER, the fuel door for my Escape is very difficult to open and they keep asking me to pop it- I have to tell them to 'pull hard'.

For those who don't know, the State Fire Marshall decreed back in the 1950s the residents of Oregon too stupid to pump their own gas. NJ is the same way IIRC.