i was gonna sell this

i had this sitting and growing moss in my back yard for the last yr and a half and thought i just didnt have time or interest to do anything with it, so i put it up for sale for $700. - last night i came to my senses and I'm really glad i did. - cleans up nice and runs just as nice.

4634107393_43a15e02eb.jpg

dragged it out and re-installed black interior, removed saggy headliner and am taking it in for re-covering. not much else to tell right now, but its a good start. i actually paid $300. for it, drove it once and then parked it behind the house and let it sit - full of garbage from the PO.

all seems well except the vacuum disco may not be working right and i still need to put in the pass side window. -------oh , and the clutch pedal likes to be pumped-up. I'm hoping to look into those issues tomorrow.

i think this is the least rusty comanche i've ever seen in person. lol.

4634706526_77531ef9ae.jpg

Best looking and hardest to find, Black Interior. Very Nice. jamminz.gif

I might have a black ash tray for you. I'll have to look in my stash-o-parts. :thumbsup:

:cheers:

that would be so cool. all i seem to find are red ones and grey ones.

couldnt u just take the 89 instead ? buckets.console,d44, header,bush gaurd, new motor, colour keyed canopy, box liner and a few quirks.

4394496262_34b0aecd4e.jpg

Its not outa the question....what are the quirks ? :wavey:

got the headliner done

4658613609_efa83c7015.jpg

it turned out really nice. material is a bit thick though. hard to get the back corners to lay properly. still I'm very plesed though.

4658615877_6507b26dcd.jpg

I'm so surprised how well this truck runs and drives. waaaaaaaay better than i expected.

4659238580_036575e24d.jpg

4659239382_8d556f38f8.jpg

and from when i found it and dragged it home. $300. and another explanation to the wife.

4658638579_c556a21758.jpg

:???: Is that really black ? In the photos it looks charcoal grey to me :dunno: Hows the re-hab going ? ( clutch , brake lines , vacuum disco et al ) Lookin' good :thumbsup:

its grey. when i got it it was so covered in slime that i thought it was black.

new clutch master going in tomorrow. brakes turned out excellent with the by-pass of the load-sensing-round-thingy. lol. gonna do the vacuum-disco elimination thing too. seems like the right thing to do.

the weird thing is all electrical worked great ,and now its the same as that other post. as of yesterday no signals, radio , heater, int lights. ------ electical is the one thing that disturbs me the most.

its grey. when i got it it was so covered in slime that i thought it was black.

new clutch master going in tomorrow. brakes turned out excellent with the by-pass of the load-sensing-round-thingy. lol. gonna do the vacuum-disco elimination thing too. seems like the right thing to do.

the weird thing is all electrical worked great ,and now its the same as that other post. as of yesterday no signals, radio , heater, int lights. ------ electical is the one thing that disturbs me the most.

Amen :agree: Electrical ghosts are the worst :wall: I wouldn't want to count the hours I've spent tracking and tracing . In the city , things go fairly well , but when I head up country on those Cariboo roads/ goat paths everything goes to hell with the pounding I guess . Maybe the answer is to take "Hornbroad " or "Eagle" along for the ride ? ....Gord

ya, thanx pete, i was thinking about asking you to do just that once i realized how this thread was going. -- it was supposed to be just me doing some quick bragging (lol), but one thing leads to another .............

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...