i was gonna sell this

i have been looking for some gamblers for a while and found these on craigslist. $120 for 5 and they came with some 30% 31" a/t's.

they guy had 10 of them. the other 5 were for his totally mint and built 89 mj. - front leafs and 38s on gamblers.

5270030405_875d674f94.jpg

also stopped at an auto wrecker that specializes in jeeps (gary's in mapleridge b.c.), and picked up a bumper, gas tank (with skid-plate)5270639850_a6cbfa5d73.jpg

Best looking and hardest to find, Black Interior. Very Nice. jamminz.gif

I might have a black ash tray for you. I'll have to look in my stash-o-parts. :thumbsup:

:cheers:

that would be so cool. all i seem to find are red ones and grey ones.

spray paint

That interior makes me hard. lol

Seriously great looking truck. Gotta do the drop shackles to mine and coil spacers. Love that look for cheap.

even though the shackles are excellent, I am thinking that i should have just gone with the extra leaf because i still would have like about another inch or so, plus, ive been hauling a lot of firewood lately so I'm still looking for a leaf ( late 80s suburban?) that would be good to add.

5283223983_7d46632f8c.jpg

• 4 months later...

5721036779_d410edfc27_z.jpg

5721595550_2db3660763_z.jpg

5721595812_c0d8872c50_z.jpg

i ended up doing the suburban springs ( got them free from a local club (weekendwheeling) member. they are from a 3/4 ton so i used 4 leafs from the pack (including the main) plus the mj over-load.in that configuration they gave me 0" lift but give an excellent ride.

these picks are with 32s.

the chevy drop-shackles that were on the back had another set of holes 1-1/2 an inch up so today i changed that which brought the rear down 3/4 of an inch and i am happier with its stance now for the time being. (thanks for the idea, george).

also put in a new stereo today which makes me much happier.

so with the 4 suburban leafs and the mj over-loads and these shackles, in this cofiguration , with soa it sits at 4 1/2" at the back.

this is on 32s

5757703796_062539f22d_z.jpg

i am dreaming of a well-done bed-bob.

also ordered some new switches, so my interior lights will actually come on when i open the doors.

• 1 month later...
Man, it's a good thing you didn't sell it. That's a good looking Comanche and it seems to be pretty capable.

thanks man. was checkin yours out and it's TOTALLY AWESOME!! would trade you in a heartbeat.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...