Have to fog my truck

Hay everyone has anyone ever had coach roaches under there carpet. I just bought comanche from Kentucky started pulling the carpet and it was loaded with roaches. Just wondering never had this problem before so i closed the doors and put one of them fogging cans in it if been itching all day

I don't recommend a fog application. that stuff gets on everything. :( try to find a more localized poison like food or a spray.

I think I would agree with this statement.

New carpet kits are ~$100, new seats can be put in for $50-100, dashes are easy to take apart and put back together.

All of which beats inhaling this stuff, or absorbing it into your skin. The residue will remain all over the hard parts and the soft, porous surfaces, not to mention powdering up and getting inside the vents...

I would absolutely stay away from the foggers...

You do not need any stinking poison. Get a Gecko; they love to eat roaches and other bugs.

When Uncle Sam :USAflag: sent me to live in Guam for a year. We had a house gecko living in base housing with us. Never saw one bug in the place let alone any ants. :thumbsup: Neighbor kill the gecko living in her place :nuts: and within a week she was overrun with bugs. :fs1:

:typing: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gecko

I can only imagine if I didn't regularly spray my georgia truck down with insect killer. The shear number and variety of creepy crawlys down there is just astonishing. Let it never be said that there isn't at least one benefit to northern winters. :D

Knew a guy who lived in Wyoming.

He was a LARGE man.

His son's car sat closed up for a couple of months.

He needed to go somewhere and only car available was closed up sons car.

Got in, fired it up and headed down the road.

Kept feeling like something was in his hair.

Started getting sick that night.

Went to hospital.

Diagnosis: a nest of brown recluse in the head liner and he had quite a few bites on his head.

Two weeks later his wife was a widow.

Nothing they could do as the poison killed off every organ in his body.

Moral of the Story: KILL THEM BUGS!!!!!!

TWO POINTS:

Northern winters don't kill spiders, I know, I bought the truck from under a GIANT willow tree, the thing was infested with spiders that had asses the size of quarters. Unheard of in Canada. So I emptied two of the most god awful smelling spider killer aersol cans over the entire truck and the little bastards came running down out of every nook and what not. The next day I seen the ones that tried to crawl across the box for the escape and didn't make it, keeled over stiff. They were dead, at least for the season, winter came and went, until just the other day when I saw one... Its on again boys.

Second point, when I went down to Texas, FT Hood, they gave us a huge briefing on the brown recluse. My Warrant Officer was bit in the rear end by one and it made a giant hole in his #$#. Only thing that willies me more then a scorpion is a recluse.

Knew a guy who lived in Wyoming.

He was a LARGE man.

His son's car sat closed up for a couple of months.

He needed to go somewhere and only car available was closed up sons car.

Got in, fired it up and headed down the road.

Kept feeling like something was in his hair.

Started getting sick that night.

Went to hospital.

Diagnosis: a nest of brown recluse in the head liner and he had quite a few bites on his head.

Two weeks later his wife was a widow.

Nothing they could do as the poison killed off every organ in his body.

Moral of the Story: KILL THEM BUGS!!!!!!

That doesn't sound right - recluses don't just bite you. Also, if he had that much of a reaction to the recluse venom, he would have suffered skin necrosis before death by venom (if he would have even died from that limited amount of venom). Recluses are actually scavengers, not hunters.

I've read some research that was performed by a doctoral student from Kansas that he found that recluses would really only bit if they were smushed, not poked or prodded.

Random fact - the most reliable way to determine if a spider is a recluse is to look at the eyes. Recluses have 3 sets of 2 eyes, not 4 sets of 2 eyes.

Once you cross the smushed line, isn't it too late? Like for them to bite you?

Well, by smushed I mean more of a pressure thing. Like rolling over onto them while you sleep, putting a shirt on with one inside, or putting on your shoes with a spider inside of it.

Edit: the website that the doctoral student had set up has long since been taken down which is a shame because it had all kinds of awesome information on it.

Just remember that is what the family said the doc's said. His head must have been "smushing" them on the headliner, effectively "trapping" them in his hair, and they started biting. He did have on his head the holes the venom causes, and the venom finally got to his vital organs. The only reason he didn't die quicker was he was a "LARGE" (ie. kinda fat) man and it took longer for the venom to do it's thing.