FNG

casey

Hey y'all,

I followed a link from IFSJA over here. I currently have an addiction to FSJs, however I love the little brother MJ. Always have.

I finally added one of my favorite Jeeps to my list of "must own" Jeeps.

A 1986 MJ. This is my first MJ but one of many of the breed I've owned... several XJs and ZJs over the years.

I got this rig to carry me from job to job and around town. I need a gas sipper to equalize my stable full of V8s fuel consumption. It has a 2.5 and a barn red latex paint job. Done most likely by Stevie Wonder with a roller and brush...maybe a rag. It needs some work to say the least.

My plans are to drive it. Maybe some trail work at URE on work days to haul stuff. Mostly on the jobsite tho'.

Glad I found this site. :D

i am looking for the Tremors truck. can't seem to find one like it though around here and i am not going clear out west to bring it back. so i am going to have to wait til i move out west. it has to be 63-79, swb stepside, 401, small rear window, auto or manual, and would like a levis edition. but hey, ill take what i can get as long as its a stepside non-80s j-truck.

Alex

I've had several FSJs. My favorite was my 88 Waggy, but soon realized

that I needed something with better MPG... like a peterbuilt or catapiller.

My 79 Chero Cheif was by fair the quickest ownership of a vehicle I ever

had. Bought it on Monday morning from a guy in Maine and sold it to a guy

in Georgia Monday afternoon. Did even get to sit in it.

107snowy-med.jpg

My favorite was my 88 Waggy, but soon realized

that I needed something with better MPG... like a peterbuilt or catapiller.

:rotfl2: :clapping:

Funniest thing I've read all day. :D

:agree: :rotfl2:

pic of the Chief...you really don't want to see the MJ.

twodogseci.jpg

i love GWs my brother owned this one

for a while but it was a rust bucket and noone.. and i mean NOONE could get the lug nuts off the rear tires and the brakes were effed back there (snapped off bleeders)

but it had an AMC 360 that ran AMAZING after 2 months of carbureter adjustment/work by my brother (hadnt been ran in quite a while)

bought my first truck at 16 ('89 MJ) I'm 17 now, the MJ is hitting the road in 3 weeks time and I'm looking into purchasing a '81 Grand Waggy D44'd and 5spd, its got a 401 shoehorned under the hood. $500, runs, has new brakes and needs some patchwork on the Left passenger door. I'm calling him tomorrow :D

bought my first truck at 16 ('89 MJ) I'm 17 now, the MJ is hitting the road in 3 weeks time and I'm looking into purchasing a '81 Grand Waggy D44'd and 5spd, its got a 401 shoehorned under the hood. $500, runs, has new brakes and needs some patchwork on the Left passenger door. I'm calling him tomorrow :D

401...5spd? :eek:

$500 jamminz.gif

...you really don't want to see the MJ.

You could not be more wrong. Now, I may not make it my desktop image, but... :D

My humble apologies. :oops:

I'll go move that turd into the driveway, take a few pics and start a thread about it's build..er...repair. :brows:

I really like that section of the forum BTW. Great stuff! :bowdown:

Welcome, glad to see the SC crowd growing alittle......didnt see were your located in SC?

Cole

Fixed that in my sig. Of course you have to know how to read in "redneck" to figure it out. ;)

Upstate, near Greenville.

(gray rock, morris mtn)

How are these places to wheel??

I passed on a promotion and transfer this spring that would have had me in B'ham. We were looking at houses literally 10 miles from Gray Rock. But I never even realized that there was good wheeling that close. No it wouldn't have changed my decision, but it certainly would have made it harder.