NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

JeepcoMJ

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So theoretically if enough people throw some cash at this, $500 should be easy to come up with.

I'll be the first to pitch in $25.

Who's name goes on the title? I vote for Pete, but that might be an issue considering its in Wisconsin... :hmm:

Maybe the $500 MJ should go to '$500 MJ' ;)

I'd be all about it, but I don't even have a garage to call my own in this state, still renting til I find a place.

Storing at Correy's is cool with me, thats plenty close that I could routinely show up for the days we work on it. A heated garage would be nice though for the winter months...

Another question, will we have time to throw at it? I already keep myself plenty busy as it is with my own MJs...

I have the space, I'm nearby Wade, and when I finish my heated side of the pole barn it can sit there as long as it takes.

I've got the entire cab covered. the fenders will probably be no good, hood is bad, bet the header is cracked, bed's probably wrecked.

I can get all of the parts to throw at it but the bed. replacing the cab will involve alot of spot weld drilling.

I was thinking more along the lines of trying to retain as much as possible at first. replace the roof and try to repair what's there. there's a lot of custom stuff on that body. :(

I think we need a ton more photos of the damage. :D

when I said "roof", I meant the pillars too. :thumbsup: They are most certainly toast. I realize I'm looking at a single grainy photo, but in my head it should be relatively easy to slice at the base of the pillars, splice in a new roof structure and new glass (and maybe add some rollbar protection into the mix) and then fix some dents and bends in the body. "Should" be pretty straightforward and won't cost all that much in money or time. Later on, when one of us wins the lotto, we can expand on it. :D

Just got off the phone with him. $500. He is going to send me some pics of the other side. He's the third owner. First owner drove it as is, and just took care of it. The second owners were a father/son that turned it into what it is(was)... And the most current guy rolled the crap out of it. He admittedly "Was being a d-a, and rolled it while not paying attention to the road." I have a sneaky suspicion that there is some information missing from his story. He said it was still running at the time of roll over. Got it towed back to the farm, and fired it up again. But, none the less, pics are on the way, and I will be sure to post 'em up.

Rob L.