Boring MJ how to fix ?

AMC-MJ

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How dose one fix a Boring truck ? . . . I'm getting Bord with my Comanche how do make this shoe box more fun ?

Mike

Turn it into a transformer? What do you want it to do? It has 4 wheels and a pickup box. It's not a race car, or a rice mobile. Just a utilitarian truck.

What I would do:

Get it running right consistently.

Fix the rust.

AX5 Conversion.

4x4 Conversion.

Brush guard.

Roll bar.

Bumpers.

Small lift.

30-31" tires.

Drive the crap out of it. comanche.gif

Bord=BorEd. Dose=DOES

Rob L. ;)

Swap in a blown 514 Cobra-Jet, dry-sump of course, Stak 4-speed transfercase, 2.5 ton rockwells, and 54" boggers. But keep the body, interior, and bumpers all stock.

:rotf:

Mike- take it wheeling, you won't be bored. I love going out and doing a

little mudding, or "trail riding" in my mj

Work on getting it in 100% shape by August. Drive it to the San Juans of Colorado and do EVERY trail in the area. Camp and enjoy life. Then drive it back. :yes:

Take lots and lots of pics for us to drool over. Or you could even invite the Comanche Club members!

:dunno: trail riding a 2WD Jeep pickup :dunno: sound pointless :hmm:

Mike

If a Grand Caravan can make it to the top of Imogene Pass, I have NO DOUBT a 2wd pickup could make it :banana: Although you might smoke the brakes going down without low-range :ack:

:cheers: well in that case :chillin: count me in my brakes are all brand new :cheers:

i mean everything :smart: shoes, pads, rotors, drums, wheel cylinder's, caliper's, lines, and master cylinder :thumbsup:

:dunno: new tire's, starter, plugs,wires, cap, rotor, TPS, MAPS, Coil pack, I/M, fuel pump fuel filter, and fuel/vac lines jamminz.gif

Coming soon shock's, and steering stabilizer :wall: there badly rusted :fs1:

:banana: can't get any more sound then that :hmm:

Mike

Been over every rock trail, including Imogene and Hayden Pass in Colorado with a 2 wd '38 Chevy 2dr sedan. That was when I was a dumbass kid and didn't know you couldn't do them things unless you had 4wd. :clapping: