I'm going to miss them.

AmJay

I have a swarm of loggers cutting down part of my woods. I'm going to really miss those trees but they had to go to preserve the ones they're not cutting. I was getting root rot and needed to stop that and thin out some of the mature red pines.

mcforty51.jpg

I see a lot of opportunity to get muddy... until the new trees get planted..

mcforty45.jpg

See that pile of wood.. My blond wife asked me if they were going to leave that pile of wood there. I said sure they are. They paid me to cut down the trees, you can't expect them to haul them away too... :doh:

mcforty59.jpg

So, how deep is the snow in Manton Michigan on March 7, 2010?

Mac...

Manton, just north of Cadillac. I know that territory well, I'm from Reed City.

I have 2 brothers that married 2 sisters from Reed City. Do you know any of the Bruske family? They have a farm out that way.

I'm from Manton but was transplanted to Grand Rapids, but left my roots up there.. A lot of logging analogy.... ;)

Mac..

Sorry for the lack of pictures. I run my own web server and the little tab on the Ethernet cable broke off and the cable works itself out. Replacing it is on my todo list.

Mac...

:idea: I would like to see how much fun it would be to try to drive over the pile of logs :driving: :jump:

I thought the same exact thing when I saw that pile.... see if the manche will make it!!!! And send pics!!!

My 'manche is 2WD for now, but I'd give it a go with my CJ7 if I didn't love life more... I don't think the pile would would stay put.

Mac...

"Quick Ned thin out their numbers!"

I was hiking in Rocky Mountain National park, way way up high, after crossing the continental divide and just as we got into the tree line we stopped to take a break at a small lake. This guy who was camped nearby came along and started making conversion with us(we had been enjoying the tranquility and the view), a little while into the conversion he went and said "Man this is pretty and all, but we gotta cut down some trees!"

He then went on about some ski-lodges that can been blown up. Nutcase from Alabama, or Arkansas, or something like that, wanting to cut down my trees.

"Quick Ned thin out their numbers!"

I was hiking in Rocky Mountain National park, way way up high, after crossing the continental divide and just as we got into the tree line we stopped to take a break at a small lake. This guy who was camped nearby came along and started making conversion with us(we had been enjoying the tranquility and the view), a little while into the conversion he went and said "Man this is pretty and all, but we gotta cut down some trees!"

He then went on about some ski-lodges that can been blown up. Nutcase from Alabama, or Arkansas, or something like that, wanting to cut down my trees.

you did then pick up a branch and procede to bludegon him with it diddnt you? :thwak: [never thought i would use than in context...]

Manton, just north of Cadillac. I know that territory well, I'm from Reed City.

I have 2 brothers that married 2 sisters from Reed City. Do you know any of the Bruske family? They have a farm out that way.

I'm from Manton but was transplanted to Grand Rapids, but left my roots up there.. A lot of logging analogy.... ;)

Mac..

Just like any name in town, the Bruske name is passed around quite often. There is a Bruske farm on the corner of 200th and 7 mile - thats about 2 miles from my home and 3 miles from our Nov 15th deer camp.

My roots are still there too, only I got transplanted to Madison, WI (a little bit farther from home than you are)

Glad to see you made it to the CC boards. :waving:

- Brent