LKQ Trip and Meet and Greet > APRIL 10TH, 2010.

Automan2164

Well, based on everything I am getting here for dates and whatnot, looks like the 10th of April might work out the best. Its a Saturday, so plenty of hang out time afterward at the kilt, my place is open afterwards... image_209027.gif

I am going to do my best to also arrange a trip the the AMC nut's place afterward, so we can all take a chance at the willy's bodies, the old motors, and all the cool/old/rare/fun stuff they need to sell off and sort out. :D

LKQ Self-service auto parts:

http://lkqselfserve.com/FindaLocation/L ... fault.aspx

Tilted Kilt Pub:

http://www.tiltedkilt.com

TK1.png

Sound good? :dunno:

Rob L.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds good, who's the AMC nut?

The same guy who one offed that silver Comanche/gladiator thing on the j-10 chassis. He was the father in law of a guy I work with... He unfortunately passed away about 4 years ago... He was an AVID AMC nut. He has a heated pole barn with an office and a lift, and an attic full of racked AMC/Jeep parts. In the shop I can remember a Gremlin, Hornet Wagon, 2 door XJ with some crazy straight six... Just piled up. He was in the middle of a bunch of stuff... There is a willy's cab thats been blasted and painted, hood, grille... Doors are unfinished, but have the STANDARD/AMACO logo's on the door (the cab is off an original Jeep willy's tow truck). And no, cab only... Chassis is long gone. He has 4.0L's, 4.2L's, 304's... 0 miles on some... Boxes of rodder parts, pistons, jeep stuff, NOS stuff... Cool stuff is the complete fiberglass molds of a Jeepster Commando, a full fiberglass mockup of an AMC concept car... Just cool stuff. He had a heart attack, sat down in the officeand passed away in the shop, an old AMC on the lift, door open, and tunes jamming. :D (What a way to go!)

Here is a pic of the truck I speak of.

Rumor has it, the molds he used to modify the comanche body is somewhere in the shop. Dibs though if we find 'em. :brows:

Rob L.

Talked to my co-worker. We are all set up for the 10th. Wade, Brent, bring some fighting sticks so you guys can fight over the willy's cab for your pops... (Wade, I even think this cab is the same red.)

Be there or be square. jamminz.gif

Rob L.

...is it for sale? He already has a good one that has been sandblasted and is in primer as we speak. Solid too.

I'll sure be looking for Willys parts if he has stuff there for sale for Dad though. I'm bringing my fighting stick. :hate banana:

I would like to call dibs on ALL of the willy's stuff, and the j10 chassis.

I need another project...j/k...actually, I have a cummins 6bt from my grandpa's old rusted out dodge, and my dad would like to do some crazy willys project with it.

anyways, the 9th is my birthday. who's buying me lunch?

I'm game, gonna' actually make it this time!

Its looking good man! Just saw ya today at the stoplight in Cherry Valley... Didn't know if you remembered me, or thought I was some weirdo... I knew it was you as soon as I came over the bridge and saw the @$$ end of a gray Comanche jacked up in the air...

Rob L. :D

I'm game, gonna' actually make it this time!

Its looking good man! Just saw ya today at the stoplight in Cherry Valley... Didn't know if you remembered me, or thought I was some weirdo... I knew it was you as soon as I came over the bridge and saw the @$$ end of a gray Comanche jacked up in the air...

Rob L. :D

thanks man!

if the back end's jacked way up and there's Yugo dealer sticker on the lower lefthand side of the tail-gate, then it's me, lol. I thought it was you but wasn't entirely sure

weirdo. :nuts:

Apparently you don't like a jacked up @ss end? No @ss end is ever going to be perfect, you know? :rotf:

mine takes jacked up to a whole new level :rotfl2: the back end's easily 5 inches higher than the front so it's literally "jacked up" (not for much longer tho :D )

Apparently you don't like a jacked up @ss end? No @ss end is ever going to be perfect, you know? :rotf:

mine takes jacked up to a whole new level :rotfl2: the back end's easily 5 inches higher than the front so it's literally "jacked up" (not for much longer tho :D )

SOA in the rear and stock in front? I know what you mean by jacked up though, Baby is lowered 3" in the front and stock in the rear for now. Although I kind of like it, I want her even lower all around. :yes:

SOA in the rear and stock in front? I know what you mean by jacked up though, Baby is lowered 3" in the front and stock in the rear for now. Although I kind of like it, I want her even lower all around. :yes:

pretty much, SOA in the back usin a "modified" cherokee axle and cherokee axle and springs in the front. the angle was kinda' cool for the first month or so then I decided I want to level it out and go higher :D

De-nile isn't just a river in Egypt...

nice! :rotfl2:

• 2 weeks later...

Got some bad-ish news guys, got in an accident a month or so ago and just found out yesterday that b/c it's my second accident in two years I lose my license for a month starting 3/29, it's like the state doesn't want me coming to the meet 'n greet, just kiddin, good news is some of my buddies can drive stick so my MJ should still be making an appearance at LKQ still just with me in the passenger's seat :roll:

I've decided nothing's keepin me from missin this meet 'n greet tho! :yes: